Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
Thanks! She's May 31 hatch, so she's still young yet, I'm watching her closely. A friend close to me has mottleds and his are So nice, so I have live birds to compare her to. <-- really helps!
I really appreciate your opinion, you know I've always adored yours.

This is actually a different boy!
lol.png
The cockerel on Facebook has been sold & is currently in transit with our dutiful Post Offfice to his new home. I have several of these boys who look very, very much alike. I'll be holding on to 1 or 2 (or more
roll.png
) so I'll be able to see how much white they keep. 2 of my hens are still very much "Calico", so, I have hope
yippiechickie.gif

Awww, thanks. He was given to me because his color is not what is needed in breeding programs but his type is there and I have so many hens that haven't hardly any mottling so I wanted to see if their offspring was useable. So far his sons are looking like him but his daughters are better than the parents.
His name....I played with those big wide Tonka trucks when I was a kid. He is a wide load and reminded me of one. LOL

I am sure this thread will pick up and do better as winter rolls in on us. <sigh> All we can do is dare to brave the cold or sit here and dream with each other!

I am looking for some hatching eggs. Does anyboday have any? I would love calico or other project colors. They ar all so pretty! I have some bantam cochin chicks now. Such little cuties! They are only a few days old! I need to take a new pic now that he is fluffy and cute!

I do not have Calicos but I have the Mille Fleur bantam Cochins and other colors of bantam Cochins. I love the breed and colors are icing on the cake.

Thank you! He is my 3 month old Mottled boy out of one of my Mottled pens. I hope he is my next spring's APA show bird. This guy is staying around to continue on the breeding program.

Back
Top Bottom