Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
I'm interested in acquiring some Calico Cochins this Spring. I saw this guy today on Craigslist-would he be considered Calico? It says he's from their blue mille fleur program...5-6 months old.

I kind of hate to start with a rooster but if he's considered decent, perhaps I'll pick him up.

I'm interested in acquiring some Calico Cochins this Spring. I saw this guy today on Craigslist-would he be considered Calico? It says he's from their blue mille fleur program...5-6 months old.

I kind of hate to start with a rooster but if he's considered decent, perhaps I'll pick him up.
I love his coloring, his wing feathers seem extremely long though, perhaps because he's still young? Do you have any other pctures from other angles?

I love his coloring, his wing feathers seem extremely long though, perhaps because he's still young? Do you have any other pctures from other angles?
I agree & I'd like to see how he carries his wings. They look too low here, but that's likely just the position they were in when the photo was snapped. Compared to my 5 month olds he looks very immature. Very pretty color!

A few pictures from today~

The little boys look SO nice!! I absolutely love the one colored like my Motley
love.gif

Who's this pretty boy??

Lora looks lovely! (Or did you rename her)

Candy Bar love!
lol.png

Nancy, I'm just so in love with these beauties~ purple is just gorgeous and Candy Bar is the cutest little guy. Lora is pretty shy of me but she fits in well in the grow out pen. The 3 little ones didn't seem interested in having pictures taken today, they were enjoying basking in the sunlight until I came along lol. I have a few more pics to post later...on my way to a basketball game. :D

I am new to this website AND calico Cochin Bantams!! But I am hoping to get some input from you guys :)

I was wondering if I breed my Calico Hen (There in the middle) to a white rooster... Will i get a rooster that looks like her, since white is recessive??

I am new to this website AND calico Cochin Bantams!! But I am hoping to get some input from you guys :)

I was wondering if I breed my Calico Hen (There in the middle) to a white rooster... Will i get a rooster that looks like her, since white is recessive??
She's a very pretty hen.

Back
Top Bottom