California - Northern

I ordered some more cochin bantam frizzle eggs. Today was day 18 " locked down"
Out of 36 shipped ....all 36 are fertile and currently in lock down. That amazes me...
wink.png

A few look a little iffy but 36 out of 36 developed shipped eggs. Amazing
smile.png
Sending positive thoughts your way for good news
hugs.gif

Wow! That is amazing all 36 developed!! What colors are you expecting? I have a lone white bantam Cochin rooster that I am thinking about getting some girls for. His name is "Puppy" because the lady's flock he came from in Michigan calls her bantam Cochins "chick-a-puppies" because they are so friendly and follow her everywhere. I have kept this guy because he is just so sweet and follow me everywhere
love.gif
He does carry the gene for Mille Fleur.

Puppy, trying to catch my favor with a piece of shavings
lol.png

Last edited:
Yes, keep them separated and make sure they have good old golf balls where they lay eggs.

An egg eating hen is so rare that it is extremely unlikely that you would have two ever. They will stop when the problems are gone so yes, give them time. Any hen will eat an egg if it is broken, just like they will eat a flock mate if is injured. You would not cull them then, you cover the wound with blu kote and remove them until there is no more blood. When the flock mate comes back he is no longer "food".
This^^^^^ made me feel better. Maybe it's a weak shelled eggs that gets broken when she sits on it and then she helps herself to the spoils??? How long does the oyster shell take to make a difference in shell quality?

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm off to the Imaging Center to get another MRI on the brain.. Wish me luck
smile.png

I wonder while looking at my brain if they can tell I'm chicken crazy
smile.png
I hope not, because I'm sure I'm Certifiable... Just Say'in!

I wish you best of luck on your MRI. I know how frightening it can be; but, keep your heart at ease; for, I am sure all the results will show that you are in excellent health..Wishing and praying makes so many hopes into reality.

Quote:

I used to be so afraid of the Manual setting on my camera! Now it's all I use. Yeah, the meter in your camera isn't as smart as you are so sometimes it does exactly what you don't want. For example making brilliant snow a drab gray color.
sickbyc.gif

If we did do a workshop/meet-up what kind of stuff would you want to learn for shooting chickens? Like composition, how to use manual (photography basics)??

After several weeks of not having time to "get caught up" on this thread, I am now 200 pages behind. We'll just start fresh today. How has everyone been?

Molly, I will keep you in my prayers. I have had more brain MRIs that most people, due to a congenital malformation that was not diagnosed until I was in my 20's. I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

You missed lots of cute chick pics posted by lots of peeps. Some coop progress someone made and lot's of chicken fellowship
hugs.gif

Question-

Ron would probably know the answer. Or Chickee.

So Ellie our three week old EE likes to dust bathe a lot (most of our babes do). The Hubs just built a larger brooder 4'x6' as they were scheming to escape their original. Ellie takes a long dust bath only afterwards she looked kinda goofy and "crab walked" (best way I can describe it) around and when she did get up looked dizzy or like she was having a hard time standing on her right leg. 2-3 minutes later though she was her normal self.

Are chickens just that weird or is that a bad sign? She's still eating and drinking and as spunky as ever. Oh, and if they ever had Cocci (doubting they did) after their Corid treatment as Ron suggested all the nasty pooeys cleared up except for the normal runny ones they get like every 7-8 poos.

Back
Top Bottom