California - Northern

Is the hen in by herself with the chicks? Sounds to me, that the hen or other hens are brutalizing the chicks. I think you have enough evidence to take the chicks away from this hen. Is it possible to give them to one of the other hens that is being a good mom?

i can certainly try, although not sure how they'll be received -- one hen has six chicks of the same age, the other has two who are two weeks older -- assuming giving them to the first one is wiser? should i do it at night rather than now?

(apologies if i'm not thinking very clearly or quickly, i've got a hideous cold)

Last edited:
Yeah, those are all gamefowl. Some beautiful breeds of chickens. They may be breeding fighting birds, but you don't really know that for sure.

That would be like saying a person that raises American Staffordshire Terriers is dog fighting. Guilt by association with a breed.

And I realize they said this "Anything sold for illegal purposes..!!!" in their ad, but I took that more of a typo/misspeak. I've seen plenty of people on here that have problems with spelling, grammar and English.
We have a lot of "game bird" rooster come through my work all the time. They pay around $90 to $100+ just for shipping one bird.

Be careful, we are not allowed to post about them on BYC. This thread has been edited because of this topic.
About what.... I think I must have missed something. I don't want to talk about somthing I'm not supposed to.
hu.gif

i can certainly try, although not sure how they'll be received -- one hen has six chicks of the same age, the other has two who are two weeks older -- assuming giving them to the first one is wiser? should i do it at night rather than now?

(apologies if i'm not thinking very clearly or quickly, i've got a hideous cold)
Adding the chicks to the ones of the same age would be best. I have never given a broody chicks, so maybe someone with experience in that area will jump in.

Good luck!
smile.png

Where did you get the information we are not allowed to post about gamefowl on BYC? I don't see that in the rules anywhere.

Gamefowl eggs were being offered on the swap thread and being hatched during the hatch along.

I did not say the "specific" topic we can't talk about it, but we were getting ready to start talking about it.

Read the rules on Banned topics. The Pit Bull talk will lead to another one.

Rule # 14 - Animal Rights or Cock
Fighting

No discussions about animal rights organizations or Cock fighting

Last Fall we had several pages removed from here from those topics.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom