California - Northern

Next time I hit one of the local feed stores I am going to tell them about the site and to tell all their new Chicken parents about it too
smile.png

I thought I lived in Northern Cal b/c I wasn't in the LA basin (Fresno County) but then I moved to Shasta Co. Now I'd submit that Northern Cal is anything Sac and north, and the bay area is it's own entity. Not north or south, maybe coastal? but that's just my 2 cents
smile.png

Quote:
You're right about the Bay Area. I've lived here all my life (in Sonoma County) and while we are classified as Northern California, everyone seems to divide CA into three areas: Northern, Bay Area, and Southern. Actually, now that I think of it, some people classify the mountains as their own area too. That's CA for you!
roll.png

I think the line should be around Sac. I know this is a bit off, but does anyone know where to get Rhode Island Red Hens in Nor Cal, close to Chico, Ca. I need 2 hens that are already laying. Please let me know if anyone can help me out.
Thanks

I'm in Oregon now, but I grew up in Carmel. Nobody there thinks they are in southern CA I can assure you. Funny though, I used to say either N. Calif, or the central coast.

Anyone in the eastbay want this Silver Sebright. She wondered into our yard and has not left. We tried to find her owner but had no luck. I Live in San Leandro and they don't allow livestock so I have to give her away.

rooster.jpg

Hi Everyone, I live in Napa, California...but I was born and raised in the East Bay - Hayward. When I lived in Hayward I would have just said I lived in the Bay Area...but now that I'm in Napa I'm inclined to say I live in Northern California. Some people in Napa say they're in the Bay Area and some don't. It depends on who you ask. It seems we're actually Central California but when I think Central California I think more of the Central Valley...crops and farmland. By the way, we shop at Wilson's Feed in Napa!

Hi everyone, Sunny and I are in Mount Shasta - Siskiyou County (State of Jefferson). We moved here from the Bay Area (Marin) in May 2005.

In our first 3 summer seasons we have expanded our outdoor storage, built a workshop, a greenhouse and a fenced garden with seven 2' tall raised bed boxes. The garden is growing nicely and with power run to the greenhouse, we should be able to have our starts growing earlier next year without losing them to freezing temperatures.

The next-door neighbors and the folks next to them both have chickens, and it's been so much fun helping with their chicks we decided to get our own. So last week we came home from a store just north of Medford with 10 chicks.

It's really interesting to move from the suburban lifestyle of San Rafael to this part of the state. I do understand that this is not as rural as California gets, but it's probably a good transition.

Anyone close by?

Back
Top Bottom