California - Northern

Can you believe it has been almost a year? Crazy how time flies. I will be forever grateful to Walt for taking the time to evaluate our birds, and Curtis (@Garydean26) for organizing the event.

How is your Cream Legbar breeding program coming along?

Hi Deann,

nice rabbit! Sorry she suffered an attack.
Always another predator…I remember your fox story…do you still have that beautiful Bantam Barred Rock Rooster? I can easily recall how pretty he is. And how did you get that mix of chickens to get along? I have yet to accomplish a peaceful mix of many roosters and hens.

Happily my CL breeding program is in a growth stage. I have several barns and some good paint, and some breeding pairs with both. Soon I will be able to focus on the finer points of crest and comb and even shiny eggshells. Thanks for asking =)

I also saw your cow post "recently" (probably 20 pages ago at the rate this thread moves along). It made me think of the beautiful rolling hills at your place =)

Hello all!
I'm usually over at the ducks section but I have a 4 week old very possibly male Buff Orp that needs a home. He was brought back to the feed store when it was determined there's a good chance he's a he.
I'm in Sacramento if anyone is interested in him. He is very pretty, sweet and handled daily. I just want him to go to a great home so no charge. I can take a photo of him tomorrow and post it when I get back to the feed store.
Thank you!

P.S. I'd love a trade of a bantam chick or serama chick if you're looking to cut back one for one! I'd even consider a duckling again.
PM @1zooman12 he may very well be interested in him because I think A buff orp over Delaware is one of the red sexlink crosses. Dont know the quality of the bird but its worth a try

I live just outside of Sebastopol, Ca. But I grew up in a small town in Alabama. So in my mind the division of North and south california goes bay area is central, anything above is north and anything below is south. But that's just how it makes sense to me. And to who ever was asking about a feed store that sells chicks in sonoma county, I got mine from the feed store in sebastopol. the opened up in the old Frizzell Enos building. Get weekly shipments of a wide variety of chick. Plus they have great prices on feed and suc.

northern Alabama or southern?
wink.png

I lived in Huntsville
smile.png

Hello there I am Sueg of Ceres I met a few of you all at Karen s party. What I am looking for is the part of BYC group that helped get chickens transported from point A to B Does anyone remember it?
I need a Wheaten Ameraucana Rooster tranported from Carmichael to Ceres south of Modesto.
Does anyone remember who helped organize I think it was Kim something.
Help would be appreciated.. Thanks

Hello there I am Sueg of Ceres I met a few of you all at Karen s party. What I am looking for is the part of BYC group that helped get chickens transported from point A to B Does anyone remember it?
I need a Wheaten Ameraucana Rooster tranported from Carmichael to Ceres south of Modesto.

@wolftracks was part of the egg train and arraigned stuff like that. Kim has not been on BYC for quite some time though.

Sue my son lives in Natomas. I was there last Sunday. Not sure when my wife or I are going back that way, but would be happy to help if we get that when in a timely fashion. Kern in Newman

Excuse me while I brag a bit but my youngest son just finished Med School and is moving to Mississippi to become an Emergency Resident Physician with Ole Miss University Hospital. He always enjoyed raising chickens growing up which I'm sure has led to his success.

That is cool. You should be pleased. Kern

Back
Top Bottom