California - Northern

For vent gleet, treatment is by using monistat 7. Take her in and wash her bottom each day and put the cream on the sore bottom. Feed her 1\3 of a suppository twice a day until the fungal infection is gone.

You two will "bond" over the experience. Giving a hen a bath is quite an experience....
OK, I'll have to go get some.

I've put Omelette in the quarantine pen so no one pecks at her vent. I'll have to wait to treat her until I get home from work--fortunately, I get off work at 2, so plenty of time for her to finish drying before dark (I do not now, nor have I ever, owned a hair dryer! I might check a couple thrift stores, though...) Should I also make sure I have triple antibiotic ointment without painkillers to put on along with the monistat? Just to cover everything? I do have Blukote... I also have some acidophilus pills, and some SavaChick probiotic packets. Should I give her that, as well?

OK, I'll have to go get some.

I've put Omelette in the quarantine pen so no one pecks at her vent. I'll have to wait to treat her until I get home from work--fortunately, I get off work at 2, so plenty of time for her to finish drying before dark (I do not now, nor have I ever, owned a hair dryer! I might check a couple thrift stores, though...) Should I also make sure I have triple antibiotic ointment without painkillers to put on along with the monistat? Just to cover everything? I do have Blukote... I also have some acidophilus pills, and some SavaChick probiotic packets. Should I give her that, as well?

Yes, all of that helps.

Also, some good grit too. This usually starts with a digestion problem.

I've got grit
thumbsup.gif

OK, so all I need to buy is Monistat7 and the antibiotic ointment. I know they have generic neosporin at Dollar Tree--just have to make sure it's the plain kind (as I suspected, what I have in the bathroom has painkillers). I'll probably have to get the Monistat at Walmart.

I've got grit
thumbsup.gif

OK, so all I need to buy is Monistat7 and the antibiotic ointment. I know they have generic neosporin at Dollar Tree--just have to make sure it's the plain kind (as I suspected, what I have in the bathroom has painkillers). I'll probably have to get the Monistat at Walmart.

That is where I get it. Look for the equate version.

I've got grit
thumbsup.gif

Also, make sure that your feed has not gone moldy--or if fermenting, toss and start a new batch(or just stop and give them dry feed).

Back
Top Bottom