California - Northern

I'll have a RIR, several dif color Wyandottes, & maybe one EE that all needs homes in a couple months. They're free to anyone that wants them (8 days old now).

Gotta love dottes =) and Ee ;) what colors? Where abouts do you roam?

I'm in Oakland. Any unclaimed chicks will get driven up to Petaluma and Nevada City though, so I'm flexable about working out a handoff.

Below is what came in when I got chicks. I believe I have one each of the three colors of Wyandotte, one RIR, one BR, and one EE (at least I'm guessing that's what the chipmunk looking chick is).

DH just relayed the high points in the Police Log, 1 of the neighbors is keeping us safe, they popped a mountain lion on the butt with their BB gun. They live less than a 1/4 mile away, not much I could do to stop a cougar, it's been around for a few years without any problems. I'm hoping it continues to think chickens are to small a meal for the effort.

DH just relayed the high points in the Police Log, 1 of the neighbors is keeping us safe, they popped a mountain lion on the butt with their BB gun. They live less than a 1/4 mile away, not much I could do to stop a cougar, it's been around for a few years without any problems. I'm hoping it continues to think chickens are to small a meal for the effort.

Where do you live? I hear mountain lion are really over populated there....... we have them here buy people shoot at them so they pretty much run the other way... we have property here and we tell the lion hunters they can go on our property anytime they need...

We are out of Grants Pass, pretty much where the Applegate and Rogue rivers meet. Small parcels around us 2.5+ acres, then open land with lots of steep canyons. We have very few large wildlife issues, the occasional goat or sheep. Coyotes and racoons are a bigger problem. We have done our best to over build to protect our critters but most around us don't.

I'll have a RIR, several dif color Wyandottes, & maybe one EE that all needs homes in a couple months. They're free to anyone that wants them (8 days old now).

I'm looking for a few more chickens if you are still looking for homes for these. I'm in Davis now. :)

I most certainly will be when they're ready go! Will bookmark you.

We are out of Grants Pass, pretty much where the Applegate and Rogue rivers meet. Small parcels around us 2.5+ acres, then open land with lots of steep canyons. We have very few large wildlife issues, the occasional goat or sheep. Coyotes and racoons are a bigger problem. We have done our best to over build to protect our critters but most around us don't.

oh, I know exactly where you are.. so you are moving to Washington? I really dislike neighbors, that's why we live up here with NO neighbors... I don't like other people's dogs or any animal on my property... we just have to protect our animals from Wild preditors...

BB gun, lol.

Back
Top Bottom