California - Northern

Mine throw a lot on the ground, (layer pellets), I hit it with the hose and they clean it up also. They aren't big fans of the mash I make up from the the powder left in the bottoms of the feeders though.

I have feed chicks the 21% game bird feed I give to bantams, quail, and anything I might collect hatching eggs from. It has gone up recently, $22 for a 50 lb bag. Our only choice is Purina or Rogue from the local co-op. The dates on the Purina tend to be old, I guess I haven't found where people are buying theirs.

That is pricey. At $53 a 50lb bag I'd probably have to find new pets. Have you checked other stores. I know our feeds' prices can change dramatically on the area lived in. The same feed I get from our lical shop costs $17 more 10 miles down the way, but 10 miles down the way they are catering to a pricier market.

I will call and see how much I can pick up a bag for direct from the company. I travel down there quite often..here are some picture of my 2 months old. I am quite pleased with my chicks from mcmurrays. I have quite an assortment..

They waste less if you wet the feed first. It is funny--They had a bunch on the ground(cement) yesterday so I sprayed it with a hose and they really went to town on it!

Very silly....

Ron, what Nutena feed would be the best to feed the Australorps?

Just called Modesto Milling
All their food comes in 50 lb bags.
nothing over 29.45 and that is their organic chick starter.
This is if I pick it up from the plant.

I was just quoted 26.60 for a 50 lb bag of the soyfree layer pellets from modestomilling. That is with me picking up directly from the mill.

I feel that is good price. I have found over the years that it does pay to use a good quality food when raising animals.

julie Rust
Stockton, CA

Back
Top Bottom