California - Northern

I have three BCM cockerels that are eight weeks old that are teaching themselves to crow. Can't have that here inside the city limits of Newman. They are tame and love to eat mealworms from my hand. These came from super dark eggs. Also have a nice 3 year old decrowed Wheaten Ameraucana rooster that I want to re-home. I just have way too many chickens. Kern

I have three BCM cockerels that are eight weeks old that are teaching themselves to crow. Can't have that here inside the city limits of Newman. They are tame and love to eat mealworms from my hand. These came from super dark eggs. Also have a nice 3 year old decrowed Wheaten Ameraucana rooster that I want to re-home. I just have way too many chickens. Kern
Sound like nice birds but I have roosters here I need to place. How do you de crow a rooster?

First silkie hatched last night. If anyone in the Stockton area, bay area would like some silkie chicks , PM me.

Attachments

• D70D6B33-0E07-4A7A-A76E-CD5AD83F6C92.jpeg
    D70D6B33-0E07-4A7A-A76E-CD5AD83F6C92.jpeg
    581.4 KB · Views: 5
Sound like nice birds but I have roosters here I need to place. How do you de crow a rooster?
I had it done by a vet in Oakland. Really want to have it done to a Marans Cockerel I have but the success by this vet was non-existent for me. He tried many times for me and never was really successful. Kern

My de-crowed Ameraucana Rooster was still over half volume. He has been re-homed. Kern
I have seen posts that said getting one that has been de crowed works better, but then you do not get the one you have and likely not one good for your breeding program.

Since I live in a City that does not allow roosters, I now have Quail!

I have seen posts that said getting one that has been de crowed works better, but then you do not get the one you have and likely not one good for your breeding program.

Since I live in a City that does not allow roosters, I now have Quail!
I bet that is fun also. I have always thought it would be fun to raise quail. What kinds do you have? Kern

I bet that is fun also. I have always thought it would be fun to raise quail. What kinds do you have? Kern
I have coturnix, Japanese Quail. I have twelve now but will be processing some of the boys this weekend. It looks like I have 4 or 5 hens. I plan on hatching more for the Easter Hatch a along

Back
Top Bottom