California - Northern

celebrate.gif
Days are getting longer now!
yippiechickie.gif

The wind is blowing like crazy here but no rain. I hope a branch from the 50 foot city trees (not maintained covered in mistletoe pruned every 7 years grrrrrr) doesn't fall on my car
sad.png
That happened to us once. Luckily the branch fell on the front windshield so the car was ok. Windows are not cheap though.

Accuweather shows orange to red rain moving over us. It is yellow now and it looks like another hour of the heavy stuff. It is moving towards Auburn and Placerville and snow up past them. You guys up there will be wet for a while.

I am waiting an hour to let the chickens out today.

It is raining here in the East Bay. I'm dragging my feet about letting the chickens out. It is so cozy in here with my coffee and computer. I did cook them some steel cut oats to have for a morning snack which will make them very happy. Have to go find my raincoat and boots...

:celebrate Days are getting longer now! :yiipchick

I'm ready. I think I lost one of my Bresse Chickens yesterday. I only have one breeding pair and I could only see one when I locked up. I have been letting a lot of the chickens free range so that the runs won't get to messy. I hate getting home from work after dark. I don't get home until 7:00. It a bummer to be fumbling around it the dark... Plus my poor Chicken are left with the coops open in the dark for a few hour. I hate it!

The weather here is freaky wind, overcast and the trees that suround my house are making a creepy whistleing sound. The only thing i hope doesnt happen is that the 38 year old euctalypus trees dont come crashing down. Out by one of the breeder coops, the power went out and my poor black silkies were freezing, so i brought them in, cleaned their feet and put chicken dipers on them. They like it in the house, but they learned to stay out of the kitchen.
wink.png

Last edited:
I'm ready. I think I lost one of my Bresse Chickens yesterday. I only have one breeding pair and I could only see one when I locked up. I have been letting a lot of the chickens free range so that the runs won't get to messy. I hate getting home from work after dark. I don't get home until 7:00. It a bummer to be fumbling around it the dark... Plus my poor Chicken are left with the coops open in the dark for a few hour. I hate it!

I have this issue except mine freerange all the time. I do a bird count every night and I always find the new roo roosting behind the coop on a pile of wood
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom