California - Northern

Home Depot, i think -- it's called SunTuf or something like that, corrugated poly-carbonate panels. has worked great as roofing for my coop:

That looks great! I haven't see the solid white stuff, but I will look again.

if you want to speed it up.... try adding active yeast. Is it warm enough? Mine goes fast, usualy bubbling in hours.
My house is around 73-78 most days. Maybe I will try putting it in the garage where it is warmer. I just tend to forget about things if I can't see them. The old out of sight out of mind thing! That pretty much explains why my house looks the way it does.

That looks great!  I haven't see the solid white stuff, but I will look again.

My house is around 73-78 most days.  Maybe I will try putting it in the garage where it is warmer.  I just tend to forget about things if I can't see them.  The old out of sight out of mind thing!    That pretty much explains why my house looks the way it does.
It looks great and its in a wonderful area.

That looks great!  I haven't see the solid white stuff, but I will look again.

My house is around 73-78 most days.  Maybe I will try putting it in the garage where it is warmer.  I just tend to forget about things if I can't see them.  The old out of sight out of mind thing!    That pretty much explains why my house looks the way it does.
It looks great and its in a wonderful area.

So do you have any idea what she is?

Where did you find that?

yuckyuck.gif

Greek Food!!!
droolin.gif

Geeze the dust is insane! I moved them out to the garage this last weekend and still haven't finished cleaning my living room!

I was going to PM you about this. I am following the fermented feed thread too, and have tried to ferment regular chick starter but it isn't producing any bubbles. I have tried several times. I am using a small amount to see if I can even get it to work in a jar. But I am not having any success getting the bubbles. I am using the Bragg's ACV. I will let it sit for up to a week and there is very little activity if any. How do you get yours to work?

There are so many people in this thread I would love to meet! You are just soooo far away
big_smile.png

Okay, my new Hovabator Genesis 1588 did this at the end of my hatch right before lock down. Spiked up to 104.8. I am not sure if yours is one of the new ones, but I also couldn't get it to cool back down at one point either. The temperature gauge just didn't respond. It started flashing back and forth between Celsius and Fahrenheit. Then it stuck on Celsius all by itself. I couldn't get it to go back to Fahrenheit, so I googled the conversion of 99.5 F to Celsius and the temperature gauge responded in Celsius mode to allow me move it back down at that point and it stayed there. I had to complete the hatch in Celsius and my Brinsea Spot Check that Ron advised to get. Thank goodness he did, because I was able to confirm the temp in Fahrenheit.

I emailed GQF and they said they had a batch of bators that weren't welded correctly and are sending me out a new thermostat....someday...... I had to follow up with them recently because I haven't gotten anything yet.

Well sure we are!!! Thanks!
My bator doesn't come with a temp gauge - I have them separately that I use. Could it be a bad wafer? I have all the holes that could be unplugged- unplugged.

My grocery store eggs hatched after my ameraucanas and orpington on day 22.
Here's a picture of the hen at 6 weeks, she is 8 weeks now:

Quote: Haha, that's a great though! Both Howl and Tuck turned up early this morning. Should I shut everyone in the coop for three days, or just the naughty ones? And if it isn't everyone, at what point do I open the coop so they can all go to bed?

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Our grocery store egg babies are getting big. We have three boys and one girl. The boys we won't keep and are all named "Breakfast" and the girl is Florentine and sometimes called Flora. She's very sweet.
Quote: That's a good idea! We have sooooooooooooo much dust. I will be happy to be done with chicks for the year. Hopefully we'll just have broodies to take care of the babies after this.
Quote: Twanda! I love that scene.
Some of my new babies. I had one more hatch a little while ago.

love.gif
So sweet! Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom