California - Northern

Yes! I will be there Saturday

So how about high noon at the concession stand where ever that will be?!

Sounds good to me.
1f60a.png

Hi,

There was a post a couple of pages back about religion and politics. Perhaps those are bad things to be injecting into this particular thread. May I suggest that you might get more responses by starting a thread on this particular topic? Maybe include a post on this thread with a link to the new thread so Northern California people would be sure no notice it.

Wow, just candled the eggs I set in the bator on the 10th. 41 out of 42 eggs look great with veins and wiggly embryos! One is porous and it's hard to see if it's developing well. Doesn't look like a clear though, just can't tell for sure.

Trisha

Wow, just candled the eggs I set in the bator on the 10th. 41 out of 42 eggs look great with veins and wiggly embryos! One is porous and it's hard to see if it's developing well. Doesn't look like a clear though, just can't tell for sure.

Trisha

That is really good fertility and flock health!

I love seeing them develop like that.

I would like to remind people to be cautious and aware of their flocks health. Not to be alarming anyone, but there have been cases of AI H5N2 in Washington flocks and I remember correctly some wild birds in Northern CA and other states were also tested positive recently.

So please try to keep a close eye on flock health and think seriously about practicing good bio security if possible. Wild Waterfowl coming in contact with domestic fowl seems to be the worst threat.

Trisha

Trisha

That is really good fertility and flock health!

I love seeing them develop like that.

Thanks:) Most of the eggs came from a pen with my best two cockerels. So at least one or both of the boys must be doing their job.

I would like to remind people to be cautious and aware of their flocks health. Not to be alarming anyone, but there have been cases of AI H5N2 in Washington flocks and I remember correctly some wild birds in Northern CA and other states were also tested positive recently.

So please try to keep a close eye on flock health and think seriously about practicing good bio security if possible. Wild Waterfowl coming in contact with domestic fowl seems to be the worst threat.

Trisha[/quoteIn Winston, OR a flock of chickens. ducks, guineas, and a couple of geese were destroyed. They pastured in an area used by wild waterfowl. DH hasn't gotten any new emails on other affected birds but the have set up contacts for anyone wanting birds tested.

Back
Top Bottom