California - Northern

Hatch almost over 5 or 6 eggs left whch are quesionable if they will hatch. there is 2 chicks that are still wet so I'll just leave them in there for a day or so.got
8 wheaten marans
20 crest cream legbars 10 female 10 males
14 blue or black farmyard marans out of my old splash rooster who passed away this morning. Maybe one those will grow up and get to stay.

oops got a extra egg pictures..
PS should have brahma chicks hatch 25 or 26th I am so addicted

Hatch almost over 5 or 6 eggs left whch are quesionable if they will hatch. there is 2 chicks that are still wet so I'll just leave them in there for a day or so.got
8 wheaten marans
14 blue or black farmyard marans out of my old splash rooster who passed away this morning. Maybe one those will grow up and get to stay.

Yes, you have it bad now!

Nice chicks and beautifully hatched eggs!

8 wheaten marans

Awwww, they are so cute! and the Marans egg color is beautiful! Who did you get your wheaten Marans from? I have wheaten Marans eggs incubating right now on day 5. They came from Rocky Springs Ranch in Texas and their stock came from Fitz Farms.

Quote:
I get Cornish X chicks in he spring and make absolutely certain I do not get attached. Last year I did an early spring batch and another in late spring, but I m only going to do one batch this year. By the time they are ready to process it is toooooo hot and the yellow jackets are Johnny-on-the-Spot by then. It is too messy to process indoors. I have had the occasional grow-out that I have had to process and I will have the Bresse that I hatched from Chiqita, but they can go longer and I can do them in the fall or later after it has cooled down. The early batch I had last year took much longer to reach weight. I tried to raise them on Organic feed, but they got cocci and I had to treat everyone anyway, but it caused them to slow the weight gain. I had t wait until they were 10-12 weeks and some were still pretty small.....around 2-3 pounds finished The two I processed today were 7 weeks and ended up about 5 pounds after processing
Quote: I do get too attached to my layers to do it. Having so many Ameraucanas helps....they are too small to eat!

Quote: I have the same problems with the CCLs I just hatched a week or so back. I only have 4 males though. They may be easier to rehome after they have grown out some.

Quote: My turkey is in a craftmans toolbox

They are determined!

8 wheaten marans

Awesome hatch!! And great egg colors!

Here's Solo - growing up fast.
Too much to hope it's a pullet?

i think you can tell by color and its a girl? Thats a freaking nice girl! Firefly must be the dad. He is bald now. Pro tip: don't try to get to the top of the rooster pile when you can't see squat.

i think you can tell by color and its a girl? Thats a freaking nice girl! Firefly must be the dad. He is bald now. Pro tip: don't try to get to the top of the rooster pile when you can't see squat.

8 wheaten marans

Adorable chicks!!! Congrats on the good hatch!!!

Quote: My turkey is in a craftmans toolbox
Well at least she picked a spot where she fits! :)
Do you have a tom? Do you think you have fertile eggs?
I just have the 2 standard bronze girls, "Biscuits" & "Gravy"

I am so addicted
Very very very addicting.
I have already committed to filling my incubator with giant peking ducks eggs when this hatch is done.
My feed store friend can't sell them fast enough.
Oh yes - and here's how bad he is - I'm now seriously considering raising meat rabbits because he doesn't have a local supplier. I can pay for my chicken feed!

Awesome marans color eggs!
Such clean hatching too. I am having the same luck.
Quick from pipping to out, no health issues, short drying & fluffing time - plus the ones from the incubator so far have all been accepted by broody hens.
I am hatching silkies, showgirls, d'anvers, & 2 Olive Eggers so far. Waiting on the first Ameraucanas & seramas.

Back
Top Bottom