California - Northern

Hi I am new. I live in Stockton California.

My chicks just turned 4 weeks.
Got an assortment of ornamental layers from mcmurrays.

Welcome to the thread! You'll love it here these peeps are awesome and so helpful and informative =) please share, we would love to see and hear all about your birds or stories, even goofy cute antics of your chicks lol

Last edited:
So sorry that some of you are dealing with health issues with your birds.
sad.png

Yay!
I lost one more and everyone is now puffed up. I'm hoping that means cocci and have been beak dipping all morning. I decided to treat the outside juvies and silkies too and put sulfa in the food this am so the ducks could have clean water. Now everyone hates me. I have my fingers crossed
I'm happy you have no new symptoms!!

It sounds like cocci.

Walt

Yay!
I lost one more and everyone is now puffed up. I'm hoping that means cocci and have been beak dipping all morning. I decided to treat the outside juvies and silkies too and put sulfa in the food this am so the ducks could have clean water. Now everyone hates me. I have my fingers crossed
I'm happy you have no new symptoms!!

Thanks hoping it holds.

I am sorry you lost another. That's awful. It sounds like you have a handle on it at this point and I hope it all works out for you and you have no more deaths.

Yes, I am sorry to hear you are losing birds.
I had one die a while back. I did not know you could take them to UCDavis for a post mortem.

Can anyone tell me the items I should have in stock for my birds?

I would like to buy now that way have a arsenal to head off cocci and anything else I can treat at home.

Julie Rust

Yes, I am sorry to hear you are losing birds.
I had one die a while back. I did not know you could take them to UCDavis for a post mortem.

Can anyone tell me the items I should have in stock for my birds?

I would like to buy now that way have a arsenal to head off cocci and anything else I can treat at home.

Julie Rust

I keep these things in stock
:blue kote
Iodine
Penicillin, sharps
Vetrmyacin (butchered spelling I'm sure)
Wormer
Niacin/b vitamins drops
Save a chick electrolytes
Medical tape
Dawn dish soap
Plain Neosporin
Poultry/garden dust
And my favorite nu stock =)

I keep these things in stock
:blue kote
Iodine
Penicillin, sharps
Vetrmyacin (butchered spelling I'm sure)
Wormer
Niacin/b vitamins drops
Save a chick electrolytes
Medical tape
Dawn dish soap
Plain Neosporin
Poultry/garden dust
And my favorite nu stock =)

Vetericyn or vetrimycin. What's the difference. I see they're both uses on animals but ??? I use a lot of Blu kote. Lol I'm sure my ch icken pantry is lacking.

Back
Top Bottom