California - Northern

It kills the adults but then you need to treat them again to kill the new ones that have hatched and grown to maturity. I am hoping that the I G Regulator will work to keep the newly hatched ones from reaching sexual maturity. It is a pain to catch over 100 chickens and treat them with Sevin Dust. We treated the multiple roosting areas and under the storage containers with Permethrin but will probably have to do the whole thing over again after we process the extra cockerels. They have been getting on the kids, too, especially after they catch and hold the chickens for treatment.

Seven in the litter is the only thing I found to get rid of them.

Walt

Thank you. My 4her's and I will be there.
clap.gif

Last edited:
Hi, I'm in Sacramento County, we decided to get a 'few hens' so my husband built a coop and run - but it is quite a bit larger than I thought it would be, the run is 5x10 so I think we can easily handle 6 hens. Now I'm looking for pullets rather than chicks since I'm not sure how long they would have to be in the house and we have a fairly small home. There are lots of pullets on craigslist, but how do you find someone who has healthy well cared for birds, pullets aren't exactly cheap

Back
Top Bottom