California - Northern

Ask away!

I solved my problem but it wouldnt hurt to ask in case the same problem in the future arise.

How often would you say its possible for one owner to take juvenile chicks and chickens for couple of days while the other owner is out? More like “chicken sitting”. I know the whole repercussions of making sure the chickens must be quarantined for a month.

I solved my problem but it wouldnt hurt to ask in case the same problem in the future arise.

How often would you say its possible for one owner to take juvenile chicks and chickens for couple of days while the other owner is out? More like “chicken sitting”. I know the whole repercussions of making sure the chickens must be quarantined for a month.
It is best to not do that at all.

Hello, all! My Rescue Rangers roos Chip and Dale are no longer able to live their best lives. They were doing good as fellow bachelors with 14 ladies to watch over, but as they’ve come into full cockerel/roosterhood, the bickering has begun.
Nothing we do gets them to behave, despite both of them recognizing me as top chicken. If they’re both out, it becomes a bloody fight. So, we’ve had to resort to each roo taking a break while the other free ranges the property. I’m not happy with it, because I’m not happy about my poor boys having to be closed up, even if it’s only every other day, or whatever.

So… we have to find Dale a new home. They’re both beauties, hardy, and VERY good at keeping the girls safe. They’re gentle with the hens, good with dogs (we have one small and one XL), and react quickly to training.
Why Dale? He’s a little younger, a little smaller, and has some amazing genes. I think he’d be a proud addition to someone’s flock. He’s got a striking white streak on his tail, which makes me want to keep him just to breed out a future generation with it.
But one of the things I had drilled into me as a kid - and I still do believe and follow - is anything I rescue/rehab/adopt is my responsibility till it passes. That includes not just life but QUALITY of life. And I know it can’t be an awesome life to have to spend half their time closed away, watching the rest of the flock wander.

If anyone is interested in adopting a pet roo, he’s very sweet, young, and smart. He’s skittish about hands, but with time and patience, he’s a real cuddle bug, who quite enjoys climbing into laps for petting. He’s being sent out for rehoming with Gadget a fellow Rescue Ranger of the same age, who just started laying in January. She’s a pretty steady provider, dropping lovely eggs almost every day.
When it’s Dale’s day in the cage, she’s always nearby. When everyone else goes into the open coop, she flies up to roost next to his bachelor pen. It only seems right that he not only go with someone he knows, but that we not split this pair up.

799E0241-2958-4C7F-AE26-9C10156088E7.jpeg
Gadget

1BBC2A94-4C04-4649-AA44-71CA24E5D70C.jpeg
Dale

9DDF6845-C507-4099-969B-72871C01FC96.jpeg 4BAE7E80-9DC6-41C6-B283-E22AA61EC2E5.jpeg B576FA01-E1A0-47C6-A9F9-75244C146200.jpeg
05DFD59A-65CD-40D9-B5E7-0B0CB01BADEF.jpeg
Dale’s tail shows better here

139BCE0E-C6D2-4199-8C56-D9CDA392D2CD.jpeg
The pale brown eggs are Gadget’s doing

Hello, all! My Rescue Rangers roos Chip and Dale are no longer able to live their best lives. They were doing good as fellow bachelors with 14 ladies to watch over, but as they’ve come into full cockerel/roosterhood, the bickering has begun.
Nothing we do gets them to behave, despite both of them recognizing me as top chicken. If they’re both out, it becomes a bloody fight. So, we’ve had to resort to each roo taking a break while the other free ranges the property. I’m not happy with it, because I’m not happy about my poor boys having to be closed up, even if it’s only every other day, or whatever.

So… we have to find Dale a new home. They’re both beauties, hardy, and VERY good at keeping the girls safe. They’re gentle with the hens, good with dogs (we have one small and one XL), and react quickly to training.
Why Dale? He’s a little younger, a little smaller, and has some amazing genes. I think he’d be a proud addition to someone’s flock. He’s got a striking white streak on his tail, which makes me want to keep him just to breed out a future generation with it.
But one of the things I had drilled into me as a kid - and I still do believe and follow - is anything I rescue/rehab/adopt is my responsibility till it passes. That includes not just life but QUALITY of life. And I know it can’t be an awesome life to have to spend half their time closed away, watching the rest of the flock wander.

If anyone is interested in adopting a pet roo, he’s very sweet, young, and smart. He’s skittish about hands, but with time and patience, he’s a real cuddle bug, who quite enjoys climbing into laps for petting. He’s being sent out for rehoming with Gadget a fellow Rescue Ranger of the same age, who just started laying in January. She’s a pretty steady provider, dropping lovely eggs almost every day.
When it’s Dale’s day in the cage, she’s always nearby. When everyone else goes into the open coop, she flies up to roost next to his bachelor pen. It only seems right that he not only go with someone he knows, but that we not split this pair up.

View attachment 1681532
Gadget

View attachment 1681533
Dale

View attachment 1681534 View attachment 1681535 View attachment 1681538
View attachment 1681540
Dale’s tail shows better here

View attachment 1681541
The pale brown eggs are Gadget’s doing
They look very sweet!

I hope you can find a home for them

How often would you say its possible for one owner to take juvenile chicks and chickens for couple of days while the other owner is out? More like “chicken sitting”. I know the whole repercussions of making sure the chickens must be quarantined for a month.[/

I have never heard of taking others chicken to watch them.

My rooster pad is going at it also. I think spring is in the air. I have a lovely black split to blue/splash Americauna roo. He isn’t big and he is getting picked on. I would like to find a home for him. I also have a splash orp roo and a blue orp roo I would like to sell. None of them are aggressive to kids or adults. I live in Stockton.

Back
Top Bottom