California - Northern

Quote:

I will never consider SF Bay Area, Sacramento, etc. as "Central CA". Me, my family, and all my Northern California friends have always called everything north of, say.... Santa Cruz as guaranteed Northern CA. The actual line is a bit hazy, but if I was going to take a person stab in the dark I'd say south of Monterey is Southern CA. Look at the cool line on this map that divides the state by counties right below Monterey:

http://www.reefball.com/map/california.gif
"central valley" and "central ca" different i live in central valley

Hey I need some help / input about Tehama county, Cottonwood Side...

So I am on 11 acres and we are installing a 2nd home as an in-law unit. The manufactured home guy just came out and said that inspectors will randomly show up and walk through the property and ask for building permits. This sounds pretty far fetched to me.

We are on 11 acres, the property is another 2 miles on a dirt road before you reach it.

I understand if someone would call them that is different, but I highly doubt my neighbors would call. we are on good terms with most, and the others would prefer themselves to be left alone as well.

So, my question is, has anyone heard of truly random, uncalled for inspections? and what do they do if they can not see any issues from a property line? (anyone looking would have to go through at least 2 if not 3 property lines to even SEE our home. )

Is this making any sense? I ask partly because he said that any building could only be 120 sq ft or needs a permit. my coop is over -his - limit. but with how out of the way we are should i even be worried?
They were doing that in shasta county. Tons of people have built things without permits and the county was looking to get more revenue. If an inspector sees construction going on they can stop it. I have not heard anything in tehema county, but they are pretty low staffed these days. They are using contracted inspectors lately. However, the manufacturered home would be a state inspector. And if you have one installed it needs to be inspected for occupancy approval, like any new home. Any time you invite an inspector on your property they can check permits and enforce the code.

Legally you can only build a structure 120sq ft without a permit. They may or may not care. It is really hard to tell what inspectors will call. It depends on the inspector.

they are doing ok , i had to repair the coop a lil bit last night so they stayed dry. they thanked me haha , yours ?
The fence behind the big coop fell down so I had to move the two that were there to the small coop. They seem to have adjusted well.

Were you getting the high winds? It was really blowing here last night. The lights were flickering for hours, but the power stayed on.
The wind was very high last night. Lots of fences and trees down. Power is still off on the other side of Woodland and Sacramento and Davis too.

Hi everyone!
I’m slowly looking for a new home for my 10 week old bantam Cochin cockerel. I wish I could keep him but I already have 2 roosters :/ I hatched and raised him myself and as of now, he’s super sweet and hasn’t had any problems. He would make a wonderful pet but I’m sure he would integrate into a flock just fine too. He currently lives with my serama rooster and they get along fine, but I’ll definitely have to rehome him before his hormones really kick in, as I don’t have enough hens.
I got the eggs from a breeder, so he may be breeder quality though I can’t tell what color he is. He had some gold feathers and hackles on top of of pretty black/green feathers. I’m located near Sebastopol CA but could also meet up in the SF Bay Area. thanks for reading!
47049F47-D6A1-4A9F-B27F-54CC0746544C.jpeg

053FB2BD-49E5-47E9-974D-ABB16364FBE3.jpeg

Hi everyone!
I’m slowly looking for a new home for my 10 week old bantam Cochin cockerel. I wish I could keep him but I already have 2 roosters :/ I hatched and raised him myself and as of now, he’s super sweet and hasn’t had any problems. He would make a wonderful pet but I’m sure he would integrate into a flock just fine too. He currently lives with my serama rooster and they get along fine, but I’ll definitely have to rehome him before his hormones really kick in, as I don’t have enough hens.
I got the eggs from a breeder, so he may be breeder quality though I can’t tell what color he is. He had some gold feathers and hackles on top of of pretty black/green feathers. I’m located near Sebastopol CA but could also meet up in the SF Bay Area. thanks for reading!
View attachment 2509715
View attachment 2509716
He looks like a nice boy!

There used to be a rooster rescue in the bay area and I have seen posts about a feed store that would take them

Back
Top Bottom