Call Duck Assortment from Metzers

Pics
Actually it’s just weird looking feathers lol. Maybe since they’re still growing, but to me they kinda look white barred or something, I don’t know. It could be pin feather outsides or fluff

Actually it’s just weird looking feathers lol. Maybe since they’re still growing, but to me they kinda look white barred or something, I don’t know. It could be pin feather outsides or fluff
She is a fawn and white runner, right? If so those are her buff feathers coming in... kind of looks like skin! I had a fawn and white runner too. They always look awkward in their feathering!

I have learned to keep names ones that could be either male or female unless you know for sure. Otherwise you end up with a rooster named Flowers aka Mr. Flowers 🤣 Not that he cares or me. I named the two pencil calls I have Stinker and Acorn (Acorn is an old brand of pencil.. lol)

She is a fawn and white runner, right? If so those are her buff feathers coming in... kind of looks like skin! I had a fawn and white runner too. They always look awkward in their feathering!

I have learned to keep names ones that could be either male or female unless you know for sure. Otherwise you end up with a rooster named Flowers aka Mr. Flowers 🤣 Not that he cares or me. I named the two pencil calls I have Stinker and Acorn (Acorn is an old brand of pencil.. lol)
Yep, all of the names I’m choosing are technicalllyyyy androgynous leaning towards feminine. I’ll name the darker one Lacie since the penciling looks like lacing

You can see it better here, this was just now
1708634020047.jpeg

Ty! She has 5/6 black toes (5/8? Idk). When I changed their towels to shavings I sat in there a bit with them. Cherry won’t go near me, Banana might peck at me a little right now, and I was sitting crisscross so like I think it was last week, I held my hand by my side so they could step on it and walk on my legs if the wanted to. I put my phone on my right knee, and the 2 yellower babies would peck at the screen especially if it was on. Casper would climb up on my hand by my right leg and she would lay there in my for a minute pecking my clothes and phone. I kept tapping it when it tried to turn off. Then she’d start going to my other leg and I put my other hand near that leg so she wouldn’t fall, and then she ran off. That happened like 3 times.
Also does anyone know about “Duck zoomies”? Sometimes they’ll just start farting about for a few seconds, I think it’s normally random. But then they end up knocking over the waterers. I might need to start putting a rock in them.

I’m also on the lookout for drake voices, I can’t tell if I hear any yet.

Ty! She has 5/6 black toes (5/8? Idk). When I changed their towels to shavings I sat in there a bit with them. Cherry won’t go near me, Banana might peck at me a little right now, and I was sitting crisscross so like I think it was last week, I held my hand by my side so they could step on it and walk on my legs if the wanted to. I put my phone on my right knee, and the 2 yellower babies would peck at the screen especially if it was on. Casper would climb up on my hand by my right leg and she would lay there in my for a minute pecking my clothes and phone. I kept tapping it when it tried to turn off. Then she’d start going to my other leg and I put my other hand near that leg so she wouldn’t fall, and then she ran off. That happened like 3 times.
Also does anyone know about “Duck zoomies”? Sometimes they’ll just start farting about for a few seconds, I think it’s normally random. But then they end up knocking over the waterers. I might need to start putting a rock in them.

I’m also on the lookout for drake voices, I can’t tell if I hear any yet.
Yes, they are really silly when they go crazy around their brooder! Do you have the them swimming yet? They get really crazy in the water at this age.

How old are the first 3 ducks now? Were the runner and magpie sexed as female? At about 4 to 5 weeks if you take one away from the group and hold it for a while, a girl will usually muster up an anxious, unmistakable quack. The boys will make lots of high pitched peeps as they haven't gotten their manly voice yet. I can usually tell at that age but not always!

The swedish blue and Ancona that i had i didnt notice the male quack until 15 weeks. And that was after the curl came in on the swedish.

Yes, they are really silly when they go crazy around their brooder! Do you have the them swimming yet? They get really crazy in the water at this age.

How old are the first 3 ducks now? Were the runner and magpie sexed as female? At about 4 to 5 weeks if you take one away from the group and hold it for a while, a girl will usually muster up an anxious, unmistakable quack. The boys will make lots of high pitched peeps as they haven't gotten their manly voice yet. I can usually tell at that age but not always!
They went swimming once like two weeks ago, I’ll probably let them again tonight. The non calls should be females. According to the egg app (I put all the ducks in) that I haven’t been using, the older ones are 3 weeks 3 days, the younger are 1 week 2 days

Back
Top Bottom