Call duck eggs incubation and hatching info needed!

The paper towels seemed to have softened the shells!! The first egg hatched on its own even though we thought we needed to help it!!! :D :D :D I'm soooooo happy it's adorable, and so tiny!

UPDATE: So there are now 2 eggs that have pipped. We opened up the pipping place more on one of them, and were planning to do a complete hatch tonight, but saw some blood-filled veins in the inner membrane. It is wrapped in a warm, wet paper towel as are the others. I will continue to help it in the morning as well as the other one that has pipped. One is internally pipping. There are two that seem to have stopped developing a while back and one that I'm waiting on to see if it will internally pip.

I just went through this too! Hatched my first baby call. I used bacitracin (without pain reliever) to keep the membrane moist on the one that I opened. The membrane will dry out even with high humidity. I had to reapply it every 4 hours. Then wait for all the veins to recede. And keep in mind that the veins recede from the air cell down. So even if they look good near the pip there still might be some down at the pointy end. As long as the duckling has oxygen and you are keeping the membrane moist it's ok to give them time. Here's some pics of my assist...

Congrats, mama!! Here's my baby..

The paper towels seemed to have softened the shells!! The first egg hatched on its own even though we thought we needed to help it!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I'm soooooo happy it's adorable, and so tiny!
Good Job,

Paper towels, personally i don't do wet paper towels because is cools down and makes the eggs cold.

I just went through this too! Hatched my first baby call. I used bacitracin (without pain reliever) to keep the membrane moist on the one that I opened. The membrane will dry out even with high humidity. I had to reapply it every 4 hours. Then wait for all the veins to recede. And keep in mind that the veins recede from the air cell down. So even if they look good near the pip there still might be some down at the pointy end. As long as the duckling has oxygen and you are keeping the membrane moist it's ok to give them time. Here's some pics of my assist...

Congrats, mama!! Here's my baby..
Looks like a little bibbed??

hi, im new to hatching anything ! i have some call ducks in the incubator but dont know if i should keep them close together or spread them out ?

Back
Top Bottom