Call duck thread! For posting pics and discussing!

Sprinkles is my favorite Call duck - she's 2 years old, Blue with Pied markings. I used her in my Lilac pen last year, and I'm breeding her to my Chocolate Ancona Call drake this year to produce Blue, Black, Chocolate, and Lilac Magpies:

These guys are a Chocolate & Black Bibbed ducklings I hatched out this year - their names were Lucky & Siren, and they ended up being a pair, and I made the tough choice to sell them locally to make room for some of my younger ducklings:

And this little guy's name is Checkers - he's a Magpie Call, I've hatched out a lot more Magpies this year that have MUCH more "correct" markings than he does, but he's my absolute favorite.
love.gif

I could flood this thread with a million more pictures, but I will resist!
big_smile.png
I do have my very first Dusky Call duckling growing out right now - I'll have to get a picture of her. Then I'm done, I promise!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Here's that Dusky Call duckling I promised a picture of! I thought "she" (not sure of the gender yet) was a very dark Chocolate until her feathers started coming in. Can't wait to see her all feathered out. Dusky is my favorite color in ducks - I used to have Dark Campbells, and this is them, but miniaturized!
smile.png

Bunny and I spent some quality bonding time together the other day in the yard. She loves to sit on my lap and climb all over me. I have a bunch of scratches on my chest from her little nails!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom