Call Ducks Finally Hatched

Sounds like Amanda didn't panic. LOL

You know, why are you so mean to me, Lacry? Projecting your own negative emotions, accusing me of panicking, threatening to steal away what could very well be my only surviving baby because you're convinced I'm not doing a good job. These are all very hurtful things to say to another person. Please don't treat me like I am going in blind and stupid, because although I may not be a hatching veteran I am still an animal caregiver, have dealt with plenty of bloody and delicate operations, and can employ common sense. From the sounds of things, I did everything to the letter. All I can do now is wait and keep a close eye on the egg.

I am not panicking, Lacry. In fact, I'm quite calm. And I did not hit a blood vessel. I slowly and methodically peeled back the shell from the air cell area, and only the air cell area, and I saw red around the puncture site where the little guy had broken the membrane on his own. So I placed him back in, lightly went over it with a damp q-tip to stop the membrane from drying out, and I am going to wait.

If anyone here is riled up at this point, it's you, dear. But I can hardly blame you, you have your own emergency to deal with. :/
Na I'm OK, I haven't heard from anyone so i took it apond myself to soften some food with the probotics and electrolytes held the little guy close it the dish and he very very slowly but gently placed his beak in the bowl and took a little drink. Of course he starts to sneeze like crazy but he was able to get some of it down. So we will keep this up until he gets it down. He also managed to stand pretty good after he was done..

Na I'm OK, I haven't heard from anyone so i took it apond myself to soften some food with the probotics and electrolytes held the little guy close it the dish and he very very slowly but gently placed his beak in the bowl and took a little drink.  Of course he starts to sneeze like crazy but he was able to get some of it down.  So we will keep this up until he gets it down.  He also managed to stand pretty good after he was done..
Farout great news.

Lets get these babies out safely! So what did I miss? Did lacry and amy do surgery? Are both remaining babies ok? Talk to me..

Well, I should have just held off, to be honest. The baby isn't ready to come out and still has some absorbing to do, so I followed the proper assisted hatching guide (https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching) and will keep following it. It's back in the incubator and just needs to finish up absorbing the veins and yolk. As for other duckling, still nothing. I'm fearing the worst but I'm not giving up hope yet.

Well, I should have just held off, to be honest. The baby isn't ready to come out and still has some absorbing to do, so I followed the proper assisted hatching guide (https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching) and will keep following it. It's back in the incubator and just needs to finish up absorbing the veins and yolk. As for other duckling, still nothing. I'm fearing the worst but I'm not giving up hope yet.
Oh good! Well as long as you keep wetting it! That is where I went wrong....

Back
Top Bottom