Call Ducks Finally Hatched

Lemme tell ya, your first time is gonna be stressful! You're going to want to intervene at the 8 hour mark but you gotta resist that urge. Lacry and Ravyn are call duck hatching pros, I'm intermediate at best, but even I've had to learn patience. :p

Thank you amykins.. Patiences is the NUMBER one Success tool.. Have to SIT ON THOSE HANDS

@RavynFallen since ive never hatched call ducks before, what is hatch day going to be like and when do i need to help

How far along are you? What day are you on? What are your temp and humidity like right now? What have you been doing so far? Do you spray or mist? Do you have them on a turner? Tell us your procedure and we can help at the end.

tomorrow will be day 14, im going to get some pics of the air cells for yall, i am hand turning three times a day, temperature is staying around 100-101(im having to mess with a lot because i took the plugs out and it is cold outside) and no water is being added

tomorrow will be day 14, im going to get some pics of the air cells for yall, i am hand turning three times a day, temperature is staying around 100-101(im having to mess with a lot because i took the plugs out and it is cold outside) and no water is being added

I wouldn't worry about it at this point it's to early.. well you need to add a little bit of water. LOL, at least a spray or soo, do you know what the humidity is at?

Do you have a fan?

@Lacrystol what do I need to be looking for when I decide to put them in lockdown, I know the usual is day 23, but I know I have seen where people look at the eggs to tell. Is it just when there are no visible vessels?

@Lacrystol what do I need to be looking for when I decide to put them in lockdown, I know the usual is day 23, but I know I have seen where people look at the eggs to tell. Is it just when there are no visible vessels?
As it gets closer to hatching day, you want to candle the smaller end, what you should see is NOTHING, it should be completely dark, if there's any empty spacing then you may have a sticky baby. But will cross that path when it comes. So right before lockdown candle both ends, the air cell and the smaller end. Once the air cell takes a dip, this usually means it's got three days left.. This is very useful is you know have a due date or can't remember what it is. LOL

With shipped eggs the air cell is always going to look STRANGE, they get tossed around and disturbed, as long as they keep growing, you should be OK.. Keep us updated, try to not bother them until you are close to hatching day. WOOOO HOOOO

Back
Top Bottom