Call Ducks Finally Hatched

I wish I could take a trip up to her, My car won't make it. I was trying to make arrangements because I was going to grab two of them. GRRR.. Maybe if I scream real loud they will come FLYING and make it to my home...
Oh no!! Lori, I am sorry about your car. I wish there was a way you could get up there to get the two small ducks.

HAHAHA - that made me laugh that if you scream loud they will fly to you. It's worth a try...

I wish I could take a trip up to her, My car won't make it. I was trying to make arrangements because I was going to grab two of them. GRRR.. Maybe if I scream real loud they will come FLYING and make it to my home...
Nope, I tried. They just flew right back
tongue.png

I do have 2 black and white ancona drakes and a blue pied drake I am selling. Decided to downsize a little more since I picked up the new group of ducks.

Nope, I tried. They just flew right back
tongue.png

I do have 2 black and white ancona drakes and a blue pied drake I am selling. Decided to downsize a little more since I picked up the new group of ducks.

I MUST YELL LOUDER!!! HERE DUCKIE DUCKIE DUCKIES?

Hay Do they have names??? That should do the trick. LOL

Easter hatch along, I should have a couple dozen call eggs to participate, what day do we need to set call duck eggs so they hatch the day before Easter?
I would set them around the 31st or the 1st since easter is march 27 this will give you a day or two for them to hatch before easter..

Set 20 call eggs, 10 mallard eggs and 10 chicken eggs for the Easter hatchalong, hope I have better luck than my last try. Set 25 eggs a few weeks ago, not a single one was fertile when I candled them on day 10. I've witnessed some mating activity, so hopefully many fertile eggs this try.

Hello! Looks like somewhere between page 24 of posts and page 1005 the discussion may have taken a bit of a turn away from hatching call duck eggs...I am still on pg 24 relearning... It has only been a year since we hatched out our last batch (actually several) of call eggs, but I seem to have forgotten it all in the meantime...plus, it was mostly my teenage daughter doing it (at least at the end of the incubation period when help was needed). I have found SOOOO much valuable info on this thread even just to page 24! We had said we were done with call ducks...I just gave away my white drake and a little white hen (she was too noisy) and kept two ducks/hens (a pencil and a grey). But now my daughter wants to hatch again so we are going to set the eggs from this week (the drake left a week ago) and some that we have in the refrigerator (yes, it's been killing me to eat the call eggs!!...and yes, we have hatched refrigerated eggs in the past). And the friend I gave the pair of whites to is collecting their eggs for us as well. We plan to set Saturday so that my expert call hatching daughter is off work when they are at the intervention time (Sat/Sun). Looking back through all of these posts and seeing all the cute baby pictures is sure giving me hatching fever! Now I just pray I am able to part with any babies when the are only a week old...we said no more call ducks!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom