Call Ducks Finally Hatched

I've got 9 babies (7 stronger and 2 weaker) from California due this Tuesday, the 15th. Praying I'm able to finally hatch my Winter her mate. She's almost a year now (April 19th), so it's been a while. Is lockdown the morning of Saturday the 12th or Sunday the 13th?

Last edited:
Set 20 call eggs, 10 mallard eggs and 10 chicken eggs for the Easter hatchalong, hope I have better luck than my last try. Set 25 eggs a few weeks ago, not a single one was fertile when I candled them on day 10. I've witnessed some mating activity, so hopefully many fertile eggs this try.
How are things goin???

Hello! Looks like somewhere between page 24 of posts and page 1005 the discussion may have taken a bit of a turn away from hatching call duck eggs...I am still on pg 24 relearning... It has only been a year since we hatched out our last batch (actually several) of call eggs, but I seem to have forgotten it all in the meantime...plus, it was mostly my teenage daughter doing it (at least at the end of the incubation period when help was needed). I have found SOOOO much valuable info on this thread even just to page 24! We had said we were done with call ducks...I just gave away my white drake and a little white hen (she was too noisy) and kept two ducks/hens (a pencil and a grey). But now my daughter wants to hatch again so we are going to set the eggs from this week (the drake left a week ago) and some that we have in the refrigerator (yes, it's been killing me to eat the call eggs!!...and yes, we have hatched refrigerated eggs in the past). And the friend I gave the pair of whites to is collecting their eggs for us as well. We plan to set Saturday so that my expert call hatching daughter is off work when they are at the intervention time (Sat/Sun). Looking back through all of these posts and seeing all the cute baby pictures is sure giving me hatching fever! Now I just pray I am able to part with any babies when the are only a week old...we said no more call ducks!
roll.png
It's OK, it's not your fault, its THE disease called the HD - hatching disease, everyone on this site has a little bit of it in there blood, there's no cure, theres no shot, you can't take a pill just nothing you can do, so let it flow through your veins and enjoy. The only know cure so far is to KEEP HATCHING...

Last edited:
Ok, I do not know how common this is or how it will go, but lets give it a try. Ok, I would like to offer 6 high end SQ call duck eggs for auction. How the auction will work is that I will set a starting price and then you guys will bid. pretty simple. But it benefits you in that Im going to start the bidding at a low price, so you have the chance of getting some VERY high quality ducks for pretty cheap. The parents of these eggs are directly from Art Lundgrend himself. For those who dont know, Art Lundgrend is one of the best if not the best call duck breeder and shower in the U.S. Three ducks in my current group are from Freddie Gregory in kentucky, he has very high quality ducks, (Not as high as Art's) but his are rare colors, such as chocolate and silver. From these eggs you could get chocolate, white, silver, chocolate pied, pastel, or grey. Fertility has been great, with 98% on average. I will start the bidding at $25, and shipping is $25. So, lets see how this goes
hide.gif

Well, two days after hatch day and one day after their precious sibling died, this morning four brothers or sisters were hatched
love.gif

Any ideas on all their colors?
These babies are SOOO adorable, out of the six, she's got FOUR doing pretty good, not bad considering what they had to go threw. Having a sticky issues really puts a lot of stress on them, not only do they have to recover from the gooy blob of death but they also have to recover the possibilities of having it internally. As long as these little adorable fluff balls keep going. I think she'll be able to relax and enjoy them for a while....

GOOD JOB AMANDA

These babies are SOOO adorable, out of the six, she's got FOUR doing pretty good, not bad considering what they had to go threw.  Having a sticky issues really puts a lot of stress on them, not only do they have to recover from the gooy blob of death but they also have to recover the possibilities of having it internally.   As long as these little adorable fluff balls keep going. I think she'll be able to relax and enjoy them for a while....

GOOD JOB AMANDA

Yes, Lord willing they all continue to thrive! Thank you @Lacrystol for staying up with me four nights and working on them with me! You are super great and helped my little ones a whole bunch! We are so grateful!
1f423.png

So in a few months as soon as my son Graduates, we all plan on moving back to Tucson, Arizona, I don't plan on taken all 35 call ducks, nor do i plan on taken all 200 chickens. i will take my favorites, as much as I'm not to thrilled about going back because I really enjoy being able to Walk outside with bare feet. LOL I feel it's time.

I'm just curious, who will be I closer too once I make this move?? and who will I be distance from?? I would love to take all 35 calls but I think the long distance would be a tab to much for all of us to handle.. When the time get closer I will be fading off some of babies.. But I will start a New flock once i reach my destination..

Set 20 call eggs, 10 mallard eggs and 10 chicken eggs for the Easter hatchalong, hope I have better luck than my last try. Set 25 eggs a few weeks ago, not a single one was fertile when I candled them on day 10. I've witnessed some mating activity, so hopefully many fertile eggs this try.

6 just candled today, day 10, 14 infertile eggs and only six with a nice embryo, all call eggs, none of the mallard eggs fertile. Eggs all same size, shape, color, must be from the same hen, suspect white call hen, chestnut call daddy. 7 of the chicken eggs nfertile, but 3 hatched yesterday! :) I'm learning that I have had the temperature to high in my styrofoam icubator the past couple of years. Think I'm gonna have some good call duck hatch rates this year when the fertility is more consistent.

Back
Top Bottom