Call Ducks Finally Hatched

Well, two days after hatch day and one day after their precious sibling died, this morning four brothers or sisters were hatched :love

Any ideas on all their colors?

Beautiful babies!

Ok, I need some hatching help. I have 2 eggs that are due today that havnt internally pipped and I cannot find the beak. When candling it looked a bit strange with black blobs in the egg. Like little orbs of black throughout the embryo. The ducklings were alive when they went into lockdown in Wednesday. But I'm worried now. The remaining egg (only three due to hatch today) is fine and has externally pipped. Normally I would wait but I'm worried because of the black blobs and Have had sticky problems before. Also, I wonder if because I can't find the beak if it is upside down. What do you guys think I should do next? I was thinking make a peep hole in the shell? But how big should I make it to see inside?

So in a few months as soon as my son Graduates, we all plan on moving back to Tucson, Arizona, I don't plan on taken all 35 call ducks, nor do i plan on taken all 200 chickens. i will take my favorites, as much as I'm not to thrilled about going back because I really enjoy being able to Walk outside with bare feet. LOL I feel it's time.

I'm just curious, who will be I closer too once I make this move?? and who will I be distance from?? I would love to take all 35 calls but I think the long distance would be a tab to much for all of us to handle.. When the time get closer I will be fading off some of babies.. But I will start a New flock once i reach my destination..

I'm in Kingman, AZ! It's about 5 hours from Tucson but I don't get that direction very often. I've also recently downsized to just two ducks (hens) so there is no more breeding for me...we were breeding and showing for awhile.

All the Call eggs I set a couple of weeks ago were infertile (hope it's not the drake, although we had babies off him last year). I've now set more from just my x-pair of whites (advantages to giving them to a friend is you can get eggs for hatching) and two from someone else local with Calls. We'll see what happens with these ones...I only set on Saturday so it's too soon to candle.

4 pekin eggs that I wasn't expecting to set (my friend brought them to me) are doing well. As are 5 of 8 turkey eggs I didn't know were coming!! Along with some bantam chickens. The ducks are all in one incubator and the chickens and turkeys are in another.

All the Call eggs I set a couple of weeks ago were infertile (hope it's not the drake, although we had babies off him last year). I've now set more from just my x-pair of whites (advantages to giving them to a friend is you can get eggs for hatching) and two from someone else local with Calls. We'll see what happens with these ones...I only set on Saturday so it's too soon to candle.

4 pekin eggs that I wasn't expecting to set (my friend brought them to me) are doing well. As are 5 of 8 turkey eggs I didn't know were coming!! Along with some bantam chickens. The ducks are all in one incubator and the chickens and turkeys are in another.
LOL, Ok you said you were down sizing, Does not sound like that is going to happen. HAHAHHA

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom