Call Ducks Finally Hatched

I can see a good BLOB of gooy stuff, which is usually caused by high humidity and it's RIGHT where he needs to absorb. Looks like it stopped him from being able to finish. He's pretty...

Here's the other duckling suppose to hatch today, I candled the egg, and didn't see anything happening, opened the shell and he was already dead, inside was very watery, not at all sticky, can't figure why they die before even trying to pip. Several in the past have been this way. He had a lot of yolk to still absorb. Sometimes I think this place I live just has bad hatching ju-ju. Have 12 more in the incubator 6 days along, hoping to somehow get a better hatch than just 1 or none.
I see a lot of swelling around the head and neck, and it's been my experience that this happens when humidity is too high.

-Kathy

My boys and I just fell in love with gray and pied call ducks at a local poultry show. I have chickens, waterfowl, and guinea already but the calls were simply adorable. I haven't found any available in my area (Florida panhandle) and the cal duck exhibitor was nowhere to be found at the show. Any ideas on how to get one of these beauties?

My boys and I just fell in love with gray and pied call ducks at a local poultry show. I have chickens, waterfowl, and guinea already but the calls were simply adorable. I haven't found any available in my area (Florida panhandle) and the cal duck exhibitor was nowhere to be found at the show. Any ideas on how to get one of these beauties?
@RavynFallen

@learycow

There are many of us that raise call ducks. They are my favorite domestic breed. I love the many colors they come in. We have 20 different color varieties. After the holidays settle down, we will start shipping again. We are NPIP and AI certified. Just a little warning, call ducks are like potato chips...can't have just one.
big_smile.png

Merry Christmas

There are many of us that raise call ducks. They are my favorite domestic breed. I love the many colors they come in. We have 20 different color varieties. After the holidays settle down, we will start shipping again. We are NPIP and AI certified. Just a little warning, call ducks are like potato chips...can't have just one.
big_smile.png

Merry Christmas
THAT IS SOOOO TRUE. i'm looking to add new breed to my flock, hit me up when your ready!!!

Finally one hatched this morning! Have set dozens of eggs non stop since September, did get several fertile, but none would hatch, they would all die in the shell right before hatching. This hatch used zero water in the incubator, no spraying eggs, nothing. I'm thinking that the mallard hen lays a large egg, and the call drakes are teenie tiny, so the duckling developing in the egg is very small inside a large egg, and by what should be hatching time, there is just to much fluid still in the shell and the ducklings drown. Thinking i my even need a de-humidifier in the room to get these tiny call drake/big mallard hen hybrids to hatch.
That baby in your hand is CUTE.

Back
Top Bottom