Call Ducks or Bantams...Crazy Animals Around the Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got the henhouse roof on! :wee
Still need 2 12 footers to support it for the snowView attachment 1419732
It looks awesome!!!! You did a fine job!

I thought I could own a horse once. Wasn't for me and we got taken - was supposed to be a good beginner horse. The lady lied just to sell it. My vet plus a good friend told me it was not a beginner horse, so we sold it.
I was sold on the romance of owning a horse, but I do believe not everyone can be a horse owner.
I've always been good with horses, but your right, it's not for everyone. I must have looked over hundreds of ads and such yesterday. We narrowed down to key attributes I would be looking for such as friendliness, disposition, good form, muscle tone, hoove health, standing for farrier, whether it spooks easy or not, ground manners, training history, background.... All the stuff that should be carefully weighed before taking the plunge. Then we discussed the barn and ceiling height and pasture availability, rotation pastures, exercise ring, possible purchase of a trailer.... I came across three that I want to meet. One I would have to train from the ground up but she is described as quick learning and sweet in nature.... We'll see in person if its so. And the other two are broke. One is green broke and the other is a been-there-done-that in-your-pocket fella. It's still a fresh decision and it will take us about two weeks to get up a new barn and some additional fencing. This isn't romantical for me, it's a passion. I've broke horses, grew up from a little girl caring, grooming, riding, and learning how to feed and clean hooves..... Just never thought I would have one of my very own! Stupid excited right now and waiting for these owners to get in touch with me so we can go meet them!:wee:wee

Yeah, I got three of them. I had 4 but lost Cupcake from a fox attack recently. Cupcake was Brownie's first female duckling. I crossed him from a white call that I lost out of nowhere, and thus she came around. Too bad she got taken in the fox rampage recently... :( The three brown colored ones that I got by crossing him with a gray call female. They kind of look a lot like mini Khaki Campbells. I may have a picture or two from the past that I took some time ago. Here they are:
The duck at the door is one of his offspring, but she's kind of hard to see. So, just look closely. She looks the most call ike of the three. Her name is Peanut. She's right next to momma in this picture! I have two other ones who lay slightly better than the average call and retain some of Brownie's features, their names are Acorn and Carmella. I don't have pictures of them yet.

Yeah, I got three of them. I had 4 but lost Cupcake from a fox attack recently. Cupcake was Brownie's first female duckling. I crossed him from a white call that I lost out of nowhere, and thus she came around. Too bad she got taken in the fox rampage recently... :( The three brown colored ones that I got by crossing him with a gray call female. They kind of look a lot like mini Khaki Campbells. I may have a picture or two from the past that I took some time ago. Here they are:
The duck at the door is one of his offspring, but she's kind of hard to see. So, just look closely. She looks the most call ike of the three. Her name is Peanut. She's right next to momma in this picture! I have two other ones who lay slightly better than the average call and retain some of Brownie's features, their names are Acorn and Carmella. I don't have pictures of them yet.
They look great..Sorry about the Fox. I just Hate Fox. So far I have no Fox this spring. I think they left?..
Are you hatching anything this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom