Calling all bantam enthusiasts!

KimKat33

Songster
Mar 7, 2020
Colorado
Hey guys, I am not sure what type of rooster this is, or mixture. I don't know anything about bantam breeds so I could use some help ID this little guy. Sorry for the cruddy pictures, he doesnt like me...yet....

Please ignore the hen in back. She has wounds from my big columbian wyandotte rooster mating with her. Shes all good now.
20230619_172912.jpg
20230601_125222.jpg
20230601_125139.jpg

So ... is your handsome little fellow a one-off, or are you a bantam convert?
I have a mixed flock of mostly Nankin bantams. the two standards I have - a BJG (a real mooselet in a flock of banties) and a NH Red (the sweetest bird I've ever met) were the last chicks left after a school hatching. I was their last chance before heading off to join a dinner-plate flock ... like I could resist 17 little faces turned up to plead, "Please, take our babies." I HAD to take them home ... I call them my Kindergarten Dropouts!

Hey guys, I am not sure what type of rooster this is, or mixture. I don't know anything about bantam breeds so I could use some help ID this little guy. Sorry for the cruddy pictures, he doesnt like me...yet....

Please ignore the hen in back. She has wounds from my big columbian wyandotte rooster mating with her. Shes all good now.View attachment 3572602View attachment 3572603View attachment 3572604
Quail Belgian bantam. Quail is the color, Belgian bantam is the breed. D'Anvers is another name for them. I really like this breed as they're so spunky.

So ... is your handsome little fellow a one-off, or are you a bantam convert?
I have a mixed flock of mostly Nankin bantams. the two standards I have - a BJG (a real mooselet in a flock of banties) and a NH Red (the sweetest bird I've ever met) were the last chicks left after a school hatching. I was their last chance before heading off to join a dinner-plate flock ... like I could resist 17 little faces turned up to plead, "Please, take our babies." I HAD to take them home ... I call them my Kindergarten Dropouts!
Well originally I had planned to get bantams in a few years (as I am planning on moving states, so I wanted to take less when I move) but now I am thinking of getting some ladies for him. He is currently housed with some of my smaller hens. I really like how bantams look, but I use chickens for eggs rather than looks haha.

Quail Belgian bantam. Quail is the color, Belgian bantam is the breed. D'Anvers is another name for them. I really like this breed as they're so spunky.
Thank you :) That's what I thought after looking at images on Google, but I figured I rather ask here where I can find the pros.

Back
Top Bottom