Calling All Knitters

Pics
Ha I was thinking about a thread along this line just didn't know if it would be ok. I'm in and would love to show you guys how to make 2-toe-up-Magic-Loop socks. No SS syndrome. No left over yarn. no worries about the second sock missing it's toe. I gotta get my butt in gear and figure out how to post pics here. I just finished up 4 pair of mittens, and 4 hats for girls. 5,5,6 and 9. Also a grown up hat for their aunt. Uncle has been doing odd jobs for me all summer. I moved here in May. And he snow blows out the driveway so I was gonna charge him one snow removal. When he picked up the H&M he said this should be worth 2 snow removals. I said," I was gonna say one but I changed my mind". 2 would be fine. Oh and I also crochet and quilt. Retirement is looking better all the time.

Here's a link if you don't already have it.

www.ravelry.com. Free to sign up, I have no vested interest, and you won't get slammed with e-mail. Lot's of freebies there as well as paid patterns.

ETA: My handle there is WindingRoad1. There is an e-mail option.

ETAII Snow blowing runs $50 a whack. $100 bucks for 4 hats and 4 pair of mittens not too bad.

Last edited:
Horrific allergy to wool proteins (not lanolins).
I never got into sock knitting. For me, they aren't worth my time. I chew theough socks like a mouse through a feed bag.

I loose mittens and gloves left and right and mostly wear work gloves as I live in the barn, spending my day running a ranch.

Now, scarves, vests and hat wraps are a totally different story.

Horrific allergy to wool proteins (not lanolins).
I never got into sock knitting. For me, they aren't worth my time. I chew theough socks like a mouse through a feed bag.

I loose mittens and gloves left and right and mostly wear work gloves as I live in the barn, spending my day running a ranch.

Now, scarves, vests and hat wraps are a totally different story.

Might not be allergic to super wash. The scales have been removed.

If you make socks that fit properly and are made of super wash with nylon they won't wear out so quickly. Also 2ATTUML socks reduce second sock syndrome.

Buy some of those suspender like things from Walmart to attach gloves or mittens to your coat sleeve.

Anything else? LOL.

I love to knit - hats, scarves, neckwarmers, Christmas stockings and mittens.

I've done some fair isle / two stranded color work projects. My new goal is to be able to conquer intarsia knitting. I've tried some YouTube videos but I can't get it to click. Any tutorial recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom