Calling all Silkie Experts!

Lil Peeps

Songster
Apr 16, 2016
I had purchased 5 Silkie chickens from TSC, and they are now 5 1/2 weeks old. So far I am able to tell that I have one rooster and one hen. ( Carl and Chai, They are the top two chicks ) they are partridge/buff colored (as far as I know). I am thinking that the first white one, Snowbelle is a girl also. The other two silkies, Zoe and Frosty have single combs so it has been harder to guess at their gender. I know this is really early to tell going by pictures, but I would really appreciate your best guess at genders. I've raised both Silkie hens and roosters before and I'm pretty positive on the top two because of their huge comb differences. I'd appreciate ANY help, and thank you so much in advance!

Carl:

Chai:

Zoe:

Snowbelle:

Frosty:

Here is a pic of both Frosty and Snowbelle, Frosty is the one on the right.

I am searching for opinions on mainly Zoe and Frosty, but opinions or guesses on any of them would be welcomed and appreciated!
1f60a.png
Thanks again!

Yeah, for some reason Frosty keeps getting his head dirty, so that might contribute to the lack of fluff. But no matter how many times I clean him off he goes back and gets it dirty. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Zoe looks like a cockerel to me. Mainly just basing it off stance. Im leaning toward cockerel on Frosty but it is so hard to tell with straight combs and being so young. I agree with your other guesses.

Zoe looks like a cockerel to me. Mainly just basing it off stance. Im leaning toward cockerel on Frosty but it is so hard to tell with straight combs and being so young. I agree with your other guesses.

Thank you SO MUCH! I will try to remember to update this with pics later on and then eventually reveal their for sure genders.

Back
Top Bottom