calling all wild bird feeders!!

Pics
OK... I been lurking for a while looking at all the awesome pictures..... NOW... inquiring minds want to know HOw big are Gold finches and do you really eat them?

pop.gif

deb

Deb--never mind the sillies...
roll.png

Goldfinch is 11 to 14 cm (4 to 5.5 inches) long and weighs 11 to 20 grams (0.4 to 0.7 ounces).

To put that into perspective...Tweety could have well been a goldfinch, eh!
lol.png

Bottom right is a goldfinch...good golly gee!
big_smile.png

Rick goes thru one bag of Nyjer seed a week here--never mind his blackoil sunflower and mixed millet bird seeds. We don't smoke, don't drink, don't do drugs, clean of all medications, and no pop...if one of our habits is to keep the wild birds in seed, so be it.

I figure us humans have done enough taking of this Earth that it is by far time we gave and gave back big time. We owe for our sins, eh!
wink.png

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

See, Ralphie, you're a 'silly'.
lau.gif

She was talking about you!

I like horderves. finches are more a horderve than an entrée......

Deb just to show you how normal I am, here is a picture of them out my window eating my seeds!

The gold finch is the yellow one hanging on the side of the tube feeder. Some people call them wild canary. Does that help?

Quote: I have seen those here... I had to look them up to see what you were Talking about... San Diego are on the migratory path of a bunch of exotics as well. to and fro from south America...

I never wanted to put out feeders because I didnt want them to become "depenant" but the drought here has decimated the wild bird visitors... So I went ahead....

deb

Oh and I have one of those tube feeders with the array of perches..... the finches pilfer.... and the Mourning doves walk around under neath and do alot of Burping....
gig.gif
they just stand there and wait for the sound of seed hitting the concrete...

deb

Mourning doves will come to the platform feeders too. I get them once in a while. We have so many fields of grain here they really only come in winter, and if they are too dumb to fly south.

Back
Top Bottom