calling all wild bird feeders!!

Pics
Those hardy Goldfinches that stay in the northern states all winter, are seed eaters. They nest late, so that weeds and flowers have produced the seed for their babies! Am sure they would not overlook a bug or worm, if on the plants, but seeds are their natural diet. Love them and they are great Thistle seed eaters. The ones that stay at my farm all winter, love the mixed seed in my hanging feeders--coldest winters/ Here is one just a week ago....

Those hardy Goldfinches that stay in the northern states all winter, are seed eaters. They nest late, so that weeds and flowers have produced the seed for their babies! Am sure they would not overlook a bug or worm, if on the plants, but seeds are their natural diet. Love them and they are great Thistle seed eaters. The ones that stay at my farm all winter, love the mixed seed in my hanging feeders--coldest winters/ Here is one just a week ago....

I am sure they would eat one if it got in there way, But mainly they are vegans.

A little known fact about Gold finches is cow bird eggs. While they will hatch a cow bird eggs if it is in their nest the chick will die from lack of protein, They cannot live on the diet of the gold finch. this alone makes them my hero birds!

The hummers are here in number. One of my neighbors posted a picture of a dozen all perched around her feeders. Looks like she has Ruby Throated in her yard. I have a half dozen territorial little Roufous hummers

Hello,
I have a great variety of wild birds in my garden feeding on the feeders ...

Regular visitors....... Blue tits, great tits, coals tits, robins, blackbirds,starlings, thrushes, dunnocks, great spotted woodpeckers, chaffinches, long tailed tits, greenfinches, goldfinches, wrens, siskins, tree creepers ( In the trees at the bottom of my garden) nuthatches, collard doves, Jay

Visited once or twice this year......male redpoll, female reed bunting, chiffchaff, willow warbler,bull finches ( a pair that stayed a week!)

I love my garden birds so much, I have 22 feeders and feed mealworms through nesting season, which are soooo expensive so I have just started my own mealworm farm which is going well so far! , I also have 3 x camera bird boxes and server all others bird nesting boxes :)

Thank you for looking at my message xx

If your interested I have started a group on FB called..... Golin Great Tit !
I started it as I was worried I was posting too many pics of my garden birds and camera bird boxes on other peoples groups!
Strange name??.... I had a bird roosting at night in my camera bird box which I was advised was a coal tit so called him Colin!!, I then saw him going in and out and realised it was a great tit so changed his name to Golin!!.
Everyone is welcome

Golin Great Tit !
https://www.facebook.com/groups/842361369144677/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_r2j_approved

The hummingbird migration is on! I put out additional feeders - now up to 7 for the hummers and they are zooming around everywhere. Now seeing ruby throated defending the feeders. I think they hang around for 3 weeks before moving on south. Pretty fun as they will pay no attention to humans as they fight each other and so will get really close up.

Back
Top Bottom