calling all wild bird feeders!!

Pics
Have a handfull of pine siskin today. The cold weather has sent them south finally. Did a refill of all the feeders and set out the finch blend in one. Unfortunately along with the siskin the hawks follow. Have a horned owl and a barn owl doing the night shift. Does make free range in the winter just about impossible unless I am feeding the interlopers.

I had a flock of about 25-30 Sandhill Cranes in formation headed south pass over today. Stupid birds should have left a month ago. I can't ever recall seeing such a large flock.

Have a handfull of pine siskin today. The cold weather has sent them south finally. Did a refill of all the feeders and set out the finch blend in one. Unfortunately along with the siskin the hawks follow. Have a horned owl and a barn owl doing the night shift. Does make free range in the winter just about impossible unless I am feeding the interlopers.
love Pine siskins

I had a flock of about 25-30 Sandhill Cranes in formation headed south pass over today. Stupid birds should have left a month ago. I can't ever recall seeing such a large flock.
That's a lot!

They actually come to winter in west Texas - Monahans. We get an occasional heron by the lake and cattle egret but we are 90 miles too the coast so only see birds that are passing through.

You all did so badly on the "find Waldo Cardinal" game I have decided to give you two more pictures from this morning.

Good luck and get your magnifying glasses out!

For those you that finished or gave up on the first one here is an easier one..Good luck again!

Back
Top Bottom