Calling all worm experts :)

Ok, I will get this behind me and then get floats done periodically. It's so hot and humid down here (South FL), like prime worm breeding ground....
You said it: Hot, humid, raining a lot = worm soup...just like here in northeast Florida and southeast Georgia. Worm monthly, dont waste your money on fecal floats. Do you have a dog? You worm your dog monthly, right? Same with chickens in our environment. Chickens are always pecking the soil. When they peck the soil, they are also picking up worm eggs and swallowing them. A dog cleans its paws by licking them, swallowing worm eggs. A chicken has more contact with egg contaminated soil than dogs, including outside dogs. Insects can carry worm eggs as well. Chickens eat insects, that's what they do.
Take your fecal float money and buy safeguard liquid goat wormer to rotate with wazine and valbazen.
We eat the eggs, still here typing after all these years. Dont eat the eggs if you think that you or a family member might have a reaction to wormer residue in eggs.

I see there are several schools of thought on the worming deal...so my plan is to do the Valbazen then get a float and make sure all is well. Then I will come up with a better worming schedule because what I've been doing is no longer working!
Yes, we eat our eggs too after worming, what's the worst that can happen, we get wormed too LOL! But I don't sell those eggs.
Big thanks to everyone for your advice!

Back
Top Bottom