Calling all worm experts :)

christwodog

Songster
Jan 16, 2017
First off, I routinely deworm every Dec and June, using Wazine because I read that roundworms are the most common worm for a hen to have. So when I saw a pile of wormy poop in my driveway, I was horrified! I believe these are roundworms, based on looking at many pictures online. Am I correct? I freaked out and put Wazine in everyone's water for 24 hours. I texted my vet the pic and am awaiting the response to see if she wants a fecal sample.
Meanwhile, should I plan on re-dosing with Wazine - I also have Valbazen on hand, just in case they aren't roundworms. All birds look great, super active, good weight and plumage. wormypoop.jpg
This happened on Saturday, since then I have not seen any other signs of worms, and believe me, I have been looking!!

Looks like a Roundworms to me
I would skip the Wazine and use the Valbazen instead because their may be other types of worms too and Wazine won't rid them.

I saw a stool moving a few weeks back.... did a float, and the vet gave her a once over, round worms, doing the ivermectin first dose. Second dose this Saturday.... so weird gathering eggs and throwing them away....
If I were you I'd get another fecal sample tested 2 weeks after dosing with ivermectin.

I thought wazine is supposed to be used once every month.

I have been using it every six months as preventative and always had clean fecal floats, which I have done once a year. But either it's losing effectiveness or with all the excessive rain and humidity, the worm problem has happened to my little flock!

Back
Top Bottom