calling any one from missouri

havent been on in a while, no home interweb anymore. either use my phone or grab some wifi somewhere.

if anyone is close to okla. or wants to take an auction trip, friday night at 5:30 in vinita okla. at the fairgrounds there will be an auction. poultry and supplies,{ very loose on the supplies part. }

hopefully this will become a once a month deal, but wont know for sure till friday night.

everyone is welcome, bring birds, bring supplies, bring money! or just come and visit.

Last edited:
mefordz~ your avatar cracks me up...
lau.gif

Thats me on a good day!

You dont want to see what a bad day looks like.

I actually have a pic of the real me somewhere, but it scares women and childeren.

I'd be interested in finding all the chicken swaps in the Springfield/Joplin area. I've had chickens for 3 years now. And am thinking about trying out some of the critical or threatened breeds. I want birds for eggs and meat. So that rules out some of the critical varietys. Who around here is interested in the same?
I have three EE, a pair of EE/RIR crosses, a couple of RIR hens, and one that I need someone to tell me what she is. I ordered a mixed bag from McMurry last Oct so I've a bunch of 3 month olds that I don't know what they are either.
Thanks, Vic

I am from Savannah, MO - NW corner near St. Joseph. Anyone in my area? We have had a barnyard mix for several years now, and my daughters, Abby and Emily, are branching out into saving the "endangered species." They have been researching it, and are going to focus on 2 of the breeds to work with. Emily is dead set on Buckeyes. Abby is leaning towards Yokohamas. I love all of our chickens from the Seramas and Silkies to the big barred rock roo named BW. We also have 2 peacocks, and am planning to hatch more if I run across a few eggs. Icy & Bleu are only 1 year old, so they won't be bredding for awhile. The rest of our menagerie consists of 2 horses, 2 mini horses, 3 dogs (plus my neice's dogs who come play) numerous cats, and whatever else shows up for the day
thumbsup.gif

Just finished our very first incubator hatch. Only about 30%, but for eggs gathered Christmas week, I wasn't overly disappointed! Even on this very mild year, Christmas week in MO isn't prime egg weather!
LOVE LOVE LOVE BYC!!!

Anyone near me???

Jenny

Hi Jenny,
I saw you on the Buckeye thread too. I live east of Maysville, so pretty darn close to you. Good choice of breeds. We are just starting out with 16 Buckeyes as 4-H show birds and I love them.

Hatching is addicting, it is so hard to stop! LOL I have 12 Polish in the bator right now with another 9 silkie and 6+ EEs coming next week.

If you are interested in more peafowl, check out Leggs Peafowl Farm in Liberty. They are famous for their birds and I'm pretty sure he would sell you eggs. Brad is a nice man and very smart about poultry genetics.

Welcome to BYC! There are many Missourians on here.
frow.gif

Candice

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom