calling any one from missouri

Getting thunder and a steady rain here in Waynesville now. Was thinking it was going to go North and miss us. Don't think it's going to amount to a whole lot of rain.

Gotta think about getting adult guineas. Have to keep them confined at LEAST a month - 6 weeks is better, not only for quarenteen but also to try to get them to bond with "home". You will always be stranger danger to them and they may not "stick" to the homestead. Keets or half grown is better (IMO). Having a few adults around will help them learn the ropes from preditors.

Hope we don't get the rain JC weekend. I've got some bright yellow glass marker to put BYC in big letters on the windshield. Washes off but should help folks find us.... Think most of us are just going Sat. WHOOOOT!

Jefferson county, mo. Born and raised. Love it here! Anyone else from this area? I have a few backyard chickens. I am new here at byc. And new to chickens. But have been raising some pullets and bought a few hens a couple months ago. I have 1 easter egger hen (laying beautiful blue eggs) 1 blue easter egger pullet. 1 cuckoo maran pullet. 1 red sex link hen (laying gorgeous brown speckled eggs) 1 red sex linj pullet. 1 very pretty partridge silkie. And last but not least, but not least, my favorite girl. A smooth splash sizzle. She is my little lap dog. :)

Jefferson county, mo. Born and raised. Love it here! Anyone else from this area? I have a few backyard chickens. I am new here at byc. And new to chickens. But have been raising some pullets and bought a few hens a couple months ago. I have 1 easter egger hen (laying beautiful blue eggs) 1 blue easter egger pullet. 1 cuckoo maran pullet. 1 red sex link hen (laying gorgeous brown speckled eggs) 1 red sex linj pullet. 1 very pretty partridge silkie. And last but not least, but not least, my favorite girl. A smooth splash sizzle. She is my little lap dog. :)

Welcome welcome from Lake of the Ozark's!! I have blue splash sikies and they are so sweet! Of course the girl is broody... But I love it!!!

Getting thunder and a steady rain here in Waynesville now. Was thinking it was going to go North and miss us. Don't think it's going to amount to a whole lot of rain.

Gotta think about getting adult guineas. Have to keep them confined at LEAST a month - 6 weeks is better, not only for quarenteen but also to try to get them to bond with "home". You will always be stranger danger to them and they may not "stick" to the homestead. Keets or half grown is better (IMO). Having a few adults around will help them learn the ropes from preditors.

Hope we don't get the rain JC weekend. I've got some bright yellow glass marker to put BYC in big letters on the windshield. Washes off but should help folks find us.... Think most of us are just going Sat. WHOOOOT!

All I am going to buy are eggs. And of course the package that MissChickenLittle is bringing me!
Cant wait! I keep reminding hubby, Now remember I am not going to be home next Saturday. Hopefully my sizzles will do ok while I am gone!

I am Franklin County, but very close to Jefferson. I am in Sullivan

Aww. Yea i love the silkies. Ive heard a lot about them going broody often. But i have not had that problem yet. Ive had mine for 3 months now. They lay me an egg about 5-6 times a week each! Im very impressed! I have been to the ozarks a couple times. Love it there!

I wanted mine to be broody. That's why I got them! So all I did was leave a fee eggs in the nest and sure enough, 1 decided to sit and the others got jealous so they did too!! All within a week of each other!! I've not had mine long either. In fact the 1 is just a year old now. The other 2 I got at Jacobs Cave in April.

Greets Chickydoo! Welcome.
thumbsup.gif
Pulaski County here. Ft. Leonard Wood. Jacobs Cave jaunt is this weekend and seems quite a few of us are going to be there Sat if you'd care to wander up this way.

Back
Top Bottom