calling any one from missouri

They can be SO much fun and at other times SO darn frustrating! LOL! There's an old saying that is absolutely true... if your fences won't hold water, they won't hold goats. Although the breeds I have now are less determined to escape than the pygmies I had several years ago. They're total piggies at mealtime and can be quite pushy and rude but I have yet to find one that has a bad personality. They love to follow you around and get their little cheeks rubbed... I mean, they LOVE it.

After the headache of kidding in the bitter cold last week I decided to bring this doe inside. She's due on Sunday and is GOING TO kid before the cold breaks. And this time the temps are way lower than when Lilly and Nyla were born. Like most of my goaties, she's very tame and loves attention so I figured it wouldn't take her long to get comfortable in here. To pen her up in my laundry room, I took apart one of my giant wire dog crates and used the pieces as 'fence panels'. We sectioned off a corner of the laundry room, taped piddle pads together and covered with a thick layer of hay. She's good to go! It's just an old linoleum floor in there, so if there are any leaks it shouldn't be any big deal to clean up.

My honey was raised to not keep animals in the house... not even a parakeet or fish. So he's having a mild anxiety attack. LOL! He already endures my Wolfhounds, Walker hound, a couple cats and my cockatiel. (And every time I hatch chicks). But c'mon... how could you not love these little faces?!

How about this one? One of my favorites of my Muscovy ducklings. :)
perfect
clap.gif

Yes I am so sick of that wind.it goes right threw me. And more snow on Fri night
I lost one of my biddies this winter. It is just to cold

Back
Top Bottom