calling any one from missouri

LOL! You're in the neck of the woods that hubby and I have been considering retiring in, although we're quite a ways from that still.
big_smile.png

It's nice here, we are right off the freeway but things didn't turn out like we planned so I wish we had landed some place else. We were looking for a 4 bedroom house because we told the kids they could all have their own rooms. Got that, 2100 sq ft. plus an unfinished walkout basement. One of my adult sons moved in down there so it's not as unfinished as it was but it still needs work. We planned on raising Yorkies and selling them so thought this would be a good location. The kids did a lot of yelling and screaming so we thought this would be a good place where they wouldn't bother the neighbors. Guess what? They spent very little time outside once we got moved. LOL The kids I am talking about are actually our 3 oldest grandkids and there's only one left in school. After she graduates high school next year she wants to go to college and maybe a year or two after that we will be looking for a smaller home. We'd like more land but still a smaller home.

The chickens are reasonably safe here. We do have a predator but haven't caught sight of it yet. Don't know what I will do when we figure out what it is. Trap or kill, I'd prefer not to kill but you just don't know until it happens.

I'm curious if anyone around my area has white crested black polish?
I have 10 along with 4 LF splash cochin.
They are all about 6-7 weeks.
After taking care of them I have found I truly love the cochin, very docile and loving.
The white crested polish on the other hand especially two of the roosters are...hmm I
don't want to say aggressive but far from docile like the cochin. The polish have a
tendency of pushing out the cochin during feeding time, and the 2 roos tend to try and
pick fights with the one roo cochin I have.

I have now put the keets pen in the chicken coop. Somehow there are 2 keets that keep
getting out at night. It wouldn't be a problem but the 2 polish roos chase them and peck
on their heads. Those 2 keets are happy to see me in the morning because I put them back
in the small pen where they belong with the other keets.

Anyway I am considering getting rid of the polish but not real sure if there is anyone close by
that would want them. I have seen several listings on craigslist for chickens but I'm not sure
that is the way to go, I've never done anything on craigslist before.
I am looking for suggestions if you have any.
thank you,

After taking care of them I have found I truly love the cochin, very docile and loving.
The white crested polish on the other hand especially two of the roosters are...hmm I
don't want to say aggressive but far from docile like the cochin. The polish have a
tendency of pushing out the cochin during feeding time, and the 2 roos tend to try and

I have now put the keets pen in the chicken coop. Somehow there are 2 keets that keep
getting out at night. It wouldn't be a problem but the 2 polish roos chase them and peck
on their heads. Those 2 keets are happy to see me in the morning because I put them back

Anyway I am considering getting rid of the polish but not real sure if there is anyone close by
that would want them. I have seen several listings on craigslist for chickens but I'm not sure
thank you,
craigs list worked out fine for me

thank you,

I'm here below Springfield and also have a Crested Polish roo, a little over a year old. He was awfully cute when little and more tame than when he grew up. I bought 3 more 8 weeks ago but didn't know how rough my roo was getting to be. He has pecked blood on the little male Crested's head and basically rapes the hens that are the same age as he is. I just bought 4 Cochins, 2 Silkies and a Porcelain D'Uccle. I am planning on changing over to Cochins with Silkies for broodys but I won't get rid of the rest of my flock. But that Crested roo,
hu.gif
I just don't know about. I'm either gonna have to eat him or find him a new home.

I wish I had done more looking into the breed before I got them. The polish is what hubby wanted and I wanted the cochin.
He's not happy with them though he sees the roos are to rough on the others. In fact it was his suggestion I get rid of them
or come October they will rest in our freezer.
He enjoys the LF cochin they are large yet so very gentle. I have one trained quite well she likes to sit on my arm. I am working
on training the cochin roo but he's rather skittish about it.
I think I will post of craigslist in case there is someone that wants all of them.

your poor little male keep an eye on him for infection drawing blood is never good.

thank you,

I had a white crested black polish bantam roo who would attack anyone but me who came near the barn....he ended up sending my sister to hospital with a spur to her knee! Got rid of him btw....

Back
Top Bottom