calling any one from missouri

I would like some opinions. What kind of waterer do you prefer. I have used the rubber bowl and the one that you flip upside down to fill. The upside down one failed to hold water any more. ( Leaking ) the rubber gets dirty fast. I don't have access to running water to the coop.

Orscheln sells these waterers tlmade of metal. Instead of having to unscrew the bottom and flip it over, you just pull the too off. Dont buy these. If they aren't perfectly level, they leak EVERYWHERE!

Nipple and drinker cup water systems are the best for clean water.
I've used the rubber feed bowls but mostly for winter. I have a lot of founts and use one with each flock when they're outside but most have a nipple or drinker cup system inside the coop.

Orscheln sells these waterers tlmade of metal. Instead of having to unscrew the bottom and flip it over, you just pull the too off. Dont buy these. If they aren't perfectly level, they leak EVERYWHERE!

They also can't be used with ACV. It will eat through the galvination and rust.
Those have been used for hundreds of years.

I can't stand them. We switched to that one that was two gallons instead of the one gallon twist ons. It wasn't even worth it, because it just leaked most of it out.

Nipple and drinker cup water systems are the best for clean water.
I've used the rubber feed bowls but mostly for winter. I have a lot of founts and use one with each flock when they're outside but most have a nipple or drinker cup system inside the coop.
I'll look into the nipple system. Just need to figure out how to hang them up off the ground

Several options. You can just use a large bucket and put them in the bottom (vertical) or side (horizontal type). For the horizontal type, I use PVC pipe.
For the drinker cups, you can use tubing with the cage bracket or screw that to the wall of the coop.

Yeah, I have my chicken nipples set inside and out., fed off a 5 gal bucket, works great. I can show picts when I can., works pretty good.. I just don't do much pc time

Back
Top Bottom