calling any one from missouri

I got bored last weekend and decided to do a change up in the coop. Went with stall-dry below the roosts, I can't believe how much cleaner it keeps the pine shavings. It's a bit more work, mainly because I clean up under the roosts every day, but that still only takes maybe 5-10 minuets and I'm back on my way.

Question for you all. My 2 daughters are going to have their own breed of chickens to start selling for extra spending money. One picked Lav Ameraucana. The other is leaning towards Black Copper Marans. What breed do you all think would be better than the Marans? Im buying the chickens and paying all the upstart cost since it should be a good educational experience. Since i know the money they make would be minimal. Just looking for thoughts and ideas.
Thank you

One of my coops has more daylight. I started increasing light a little over a week ago. With natural day length, they're up to 12.5 hours of light now. About half in there hatched this spring and the rest are about 1.5 - 2 years. Most are done molting and laying is increasing in there.

Back
Top Bottom