Calling genetic gurus!

I'm not the best at colour genetics, in fact, I came here to ask a question myself. :) But IMO, the white rooster did all of the breeding of the buff hens, and he is a recessive white over E or E^Br. The white hens are most likely that genetic combo also. So to get all of the chicks with barring, the white hens were bred by the buff rooster. If the white rooster had bred any of the white hens, you'd see white chicks and you don't. And the same with the buff rooster, if he'd bred any of the buff hens, you'd see buff chicks. Since there isn't any there, they had to do a criss cross. Or it could be just chance that all of the eggs that were infertile were the ones that would have been purebred. Anyway, that's my take on it. I am constantly surprised by how wrong I am a lot of the time, though. :)

Okay... here are pictures of the parents... and there is no no way of another bird breeding the hens. Unless it was a crow or something of that nature ;) lol
What do you guys think??
They all look hatchery quality, which might explain the mixed colors. The white orpingtons don't even really look like orpingtons to me, so they could possibly be white sussexes.

smiley_emoticons_down2.gif

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what yer gunna get."
smiley_emoticons_nixweiss.gif

Back
Top Bottom