Camera?

Well thanks for womp womping my birthday present. Haha I haven’t had time to read all the documentation and such but it seemed like I read you can use a usb for local storage. Hope that’s true.
On certain ones you can use a usb for storage

We got "grandfathered" in at $4.99/mo. somehow. We have 6 indoor/outdoor and 1 indoor. We've had them years before they started charging and years since, and saw no difference at all.
Out payment was like 20 dollars a month and that was for 4 outdoor cameras. The quality changed right once we started payinh

I have blink gen 3 cameras outside my home and 1 in my coop and run, I love them! You can set up what alerts you want from what cameras and put a snooze on them for any length of time you'd like. I highly recommend getting the sinc module and USB for additional storage. I got a free 30-day subscription, then it's either $10 month or $100 for the year for unlimited cameras. I don't have any issues with them waking my ladies up because there is no spotlight, it's infrared that you can adjust for clarity.

I have blink gen 3 cameras outside my home and 1 in my coop and run, I love them! You can set up what alerts you want from what cameras and put a snooze on them for any length of time you'd like. I highly recommend getting the sinc module and USB for additional storage. I got a free 30-day subscription, then it's either $10 month or $100 for the year for unlimited cameras. I don't have any issues with them waking my ladies up because there is no spotlight, it's infrared that you can adjust for clarity.
They have changed the cameras then as i had one of their gen ones i think.

I have two wansviews in my coop. Both aimed at the nesting boxes. They have batteries in them but i have them hooked up to solar panels that keep the batteries charged. I love them and check up on my girls regularly. My coworkers catch me checking up sometimes when the hens are loud lol
IMG_20230227_191902_537.jpg

I have two wansviews in my coop. Both aimed at the nesting boxes. They have batteries in them but i have them hooked up to solar panels that keep the batteries charged. I love them and check up on my girls regularly. My coworkers catch me checking up sometimes when the hens are loud lol
View attachment 3629906
I have a wainsview that plugs in and i check in every 2 hours.

I just reactivated and relocated one of our Blink cameras to our chicken run. Granted it is a Gen 3, but I’m now reminded of why I got so frustrated with them before. I get so many notifications of clips that have no movement. Then I don’t get any recording of movement I know if there (auto coop door opening and chicks walking down the plank). Instructions say that the little sync thing needs to be within 100 feet. I have it in our bedroom so about 50 feet, and there still some issues. I also can only snooze the email notification for a max of 30 minutes.

I hope Gen 4 is better! I’m going to look into some of the others that were mentions. I like the idea of aiming it at the nest boxes!

Back
Top Bottom