can a goose wear a diaper?

Quote:
i do keep my goose outside and i like her very much
rant.gif
she has a big coop that she sleeps in with the chickens and during the day she free ranges outside. when i said house pet i didn't mean she lives inside i just meant that sometimes during the day she will wander into the house for a visit.

Quote:
i do keep my goose outside and i like her very much
rant.gif
she has a big coop that she sleeps in with the chickens and during the day she free ranges outside. when i said house pet i didn't mean she lives inside i just meant that sometimes during the day she will wander into the house for a visit.

Don't worry about the naysayers hon ((((hugs)))). I get this feedback all the time, either it's unhealthy for my geese or it's unhealthy for me. Pffft. You know, we ALL used to live outside in Nature, so that argument is bosh.

Your goose wants to be around you. She could give a toot about Nature, she wants food and safety and your companionship. She knows nothing else and wants nothing else.

My geese don't wear diapers, and they are welcome to come in for a visit. Naturally, that's when those big stinky seven poops happen. Could they just drop those clean little grass turds on my floor? Nooooooo. That's why I keep toilet paper rolls in every room. I don't have carpet (thank god).

I think there are some animals that would be instinctively very unhappy in captivity. The wolves and big cats, especially
sad.png
. We are talking about domesticated animals though. Our domesticated geese have lost some of their instincts and even intelligence and become dependent upon us. It's our own darn fault too, so we are obligated to care for them after our breeding programs to make fatter, meatier geese that can't even fly. So allowing my beloved PETS to share my home is part of my job, IMHO. At least share the kitchen floor
big_smile.png
I gotta keep the rest of it clean for the grandson and guests
big_smile.png

unfortunately most of our rooms are carpeted so i have to hold a towel under her butt when she is in them
roll.png
at least the kitchen is tiled so its easy to clean up the poop and the giant mess she makes when eating her watermelon
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Also if folks read the goosemothers website they would find out a goose that is only imprinted on humans think they are human. Nancy Townsend kepted 3 to 4 geese and ducks not only permanently inside and wearing diapers she and her husband also road in a Winabeggo (sp?) at some point year round. She even taught one to play piano!!!

Sydney if you want geese inside enjoy your babies inside and love them every minute.

Tomorrow I have a variance meeting to see if I can keep my geese. If unfavorable they will become inside geese and they will wear diapers. No one can tell me what I can keep in my house can they?

If you need a little help with patterns hollar! you can PM me anytime!

Oops sorry Guys
sad.png
I really didn't mean to offend you, if it just comes in the house then thats okay in my opinion
yippiechickie.gif
Hope theres no hard feeling
frow.gif

Quote:
I talked to Nancy Townsend on the phone once . . . I bought her book, too. It was a total loss to the goose as pets world when she passed away
sad.png

A goose imprinted on a human being will see another goose and think "what in the hell is that funny looking thing??"
big_smile.png

Anyway . . . Sillysister, I had the most bizarre experience about a month ago with the city police. I was in Olympia with my rescue goose at the vet, and my llamas got out. The guy across the street called the cops, and my daughter was home. They demanded to come in and search my house because one of them saw "livestock" in my home. They looked in my bedroom window and saw Chicken Woman, my part time house chicken!

Rapidly, they realized my home is outside the city limits and they went off mumbling. But make sure you don't get caught off guard with some stupid law about having "livestock" in your house. People are nuts.

Usschicago, no harm no foul
smile.png
It's hard to tell what people mean with just writing. Besides, most people do think having a goose in their house is "dirty" and I've gotten no small amount of flack. I just tell the naysayers they have no idea what they are missing
big_smile.png

Here in Denmark we have a lot of immigrants from The Middle East. Most of them think we're downright crazy for keeping dogs as pets inside the house. Where they come from dogs are either mean watchdogs or packs of wild dogs. They say dogs are dirty and have diseases and that it is unhealthy to live with them.

Keeping a goose as a pet and allowing it inside is more unusual, but other than that I think it's same s***, different pile.
cool.png

What Nancy did with the goose world is awesome. I have her book I am a little envy green
sickbyc.gif
about the phone convo.
gig.gif
. Not really but I think that is awesome cool you talked to her. I get to keep the goat and my 4 geese, I was wanting chickens but that was denied. I am waiting for DA neighbor to kill over with a heart attack or stroke and then I could get chickens and no one cares. But I am still working on the diapers as I intend on taking them to Harvest Fest at the church... It is would be cool to have a small petting zoo. If I want a chicken she will be an inside hen for a while.

Sydney hope all is ok with your world. Hollar and tell me what you got (boy girl breed) I might get a wild hair and can send an extra.

I see female and Toulouse. I have two tolouse myself. Let me get in a sewing mood. I have a cute diaper pattern. Mine were born the last week of April.

Back
Top Bottom