Can anybody help me?

chickencoop97

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 11, 2014
Hello to everyone! I've just dewormed my breeders last monday and I want to hatch their eggs asap. Does anyone here now how many days to wait until I can hatch their eggs? I dewormed with a broad spectrum wormer called CT Williams.

I'm not familiar with that dewormer, but most have an egg withdrawal period of 2 weeks and many dewormers leave a residue in the egg that can can cause problems for the developing embryo, so I'd say to stay on the safe side, wait until 2 weeks after deworming before collecting eggs for hatching.

I'm not familiar with that dewormer, but most have an egg withdrawal period of 2 weeks and many dewormers leave a residue in the egg that can can cause problems for the developing embryo, so I'd say to stay on the safe side, wait until 2 weeks after deworming before collecting eggs for hatching.
Thanks mate I'll update here about the hatch - wheter it's good or bad - coz I've read here about someone who had a bad hatch after deworminh his chickens and said that one must wait AT LEAST a month before collecting eggs for hatching :)

Thanks mate my chickens are definitely doing great here :D
your very welcome!!!!!!! and glad to hear they are doing great
wee.gif

As promised, I'll be updating this thread on the hatches. My hen is sitting on her nest and is probably laying an egg - she's laid about five now but I've not let her sit on them - it is now past the two week withdrawal period.

Last edited:
Hatch day tomorrow. Guess I'll be seeing wheter or not the 2 week withdrawal period for dewormers is true or not. 12 fertile eggs in the incubator now.

Back
Top Bottom