Does anyone have any tips on hatching?

Mar 8, 2024
Hello!
I just received a new meeF brand incubator a few months ago, and I can't wait to hatch!
Does anyone have any tips on incubating chicken eggs?
First, I have a few questions:

1. Is it true that there is a vacuum effect in the incubator if I open it while chicks are hatching, and will it suffocate them?

2. How long can I keep the hatched chicks in the incubator while I'm waiting for the others to hatch? I'm afraid if I open it up to get the hatched chicks out that the pipping chicks will suffocate!

3. Should I do the dry hatch method, has anyone found that they get more successful hatch rates with it?

I don't want anything to go wrong or else I will feel so bad😢

Hello!
I just received a new meeF brand incubator a few months ago, and I can't wait to hatch!
Does anyone have any tips on incubating chicken eggs?
First, I have a few questions:

1. Is it true that there is a vacuum effect in the incubator if I open it while chicks are hatching, and will it suffocate them?

2. How long can I keep the hatched chicks in the incubator while I'm waiting for the others to hatch? I'm afraid if I open it up to get the hatched chicks out that the pipping chicks will suffocate!

3. Should I do the dry hatch method, has anyone found that they get more successful hatch rates with it?

I don't want anything to go wrong or else I will feel so bad😢

I know from experience that a vacuum effect does happen, I waited for the chicks to dry off and then I took them out, but if they all hatched and most are dry I take the dry ones out and leave the others in till they dry. And don't panic they can take 24 hours to hatch or they could hatch in an hour

The vacuum effect can happen but it’s not something to worry too much about. You can leave a chick fully hatched for a few days in the incubator before you need to take them out. If that answers your questions at all.

Back
Top Bottom