Looking for advice

samgwright

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2021
Hey ya’ll. Two things:

1) It’s day 24 and I’ve got 9 eggs that are full chicks that did not hatch.. They were moving/chirping same time the others were. I just checked them out (peeling the shells off) and it doesn't look like they pipped internally. I did open the incubator a few times to grab the other chicks out but I have no idea what happened. We are starting again, any advice would be appreciated? Ive never had this happened before. 7 of them were from same breeder but two were just our random BYMs .. Ive had someone say it could be the incubator was too warm or too cold.. It was set to 99.5 the whole time so not sure about that.

2) Im filling the incubator again, is there anyway to prevent the chicks that have hatched from knocking all the eggs? I thought if the chick gets into position to pip and then is tipped over upside down it could drown trying to hatch but everyone keeps telling me not to bother leave them in there!.. just wish I could figure out what happened for all these ones not to hatch.

Last edited:
Ive had someone say it could be the incubator was too warm or too cold.. It was set to 99.5 the whole time so not sure about that.
It is always best to not trust your incubators sensors as they are usually off. I would get a calibrated thermometer and hygrometer to put inside your incubator to know exactly what your temp. and humidity actually is.

It is always best to not trust your incubators sensors as they are usually off. I would get a calibrated thermometer and hygrometer to put inside your incubator to know exactly what your temp. and humidity actually is.
We did have one of these in the bottom, it should do the trick right?

Attachments

• IMG_0809.jpeg
    IMG_0809.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0809.jpeg
    IMG_0809.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom