Can anyone help me guess the breed mix of this puppy?

TXchickenchick

Chirping
May 7, 2015
Floresville, TX
Hi. Before I even begin, I will explain why this little lady is so tiny. She is only about 3 weeks old and the mother abandoned the litter. She was already going to be mine so now I am stuck bottle feeding until she is weaned.

Anyway, the mother is a registeted chocolate lab that belongs to a friend/neighbor. Sadly, they are not very responsible and end up with lots of uh oh puppies. :( I believe the father is a large red pit bull that lives by them and visited many times while she was in heat. They claim the father is most likely a chocolate lab (or mix possibly) they also claim visited but I have never seen him. Anyway, I am just wondering if anyone could make a guess who has more practice looking at these type puppies? To me, her features just scream 'my daddy is the pit' but with her just so little I may be wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Meet Willa.....

IMHO, number one is, yes, screaming 'My daddy is a pit bull. It's hard to tell on number 2. All I'm seeing is puppy belly there on that one. But number 3 has me stumped. The head is a little broad making me think it has the same daddy as #1 but the muzzle is too fine to scream pit at me. Any chance she was tended by more than one dog? That can and does happen frequently. We have two border collie mix brother and sister. Sister's daddy was what we believe was a Jack Russell Terrier while her brother's dad was some sort of hunting dog. Maybe a Walker Coon Hound. Momma was a Border Collie.

Whatever they are they are cute as all getout. Hard not to love a puppy.

Here are our two when they were 6 weeks old and dumped at our doorstep. Even they it was obvious that they were sired by two different dogs but shared a common momma. Who could do that to such precious faces?

Oh my goodness those are some cute puppies! They look like absolute sweeties, too! It never ceases to amaze me how people can treat an animal like nothing more than trash. :(

Oh absolutely she could have been serviced by a hundred males if that's what stopped by...no care whatsoever was taken to prevent it. Strangely enough though, all the puppies look like they have the same father (and there were 9 babies)! Though, of course, Willa is the most adorable! :) I wish they would get her spayed but I don't foresee that happening.

Honestly, the last picture is a bit of an odd angle making her face look much narrower than it really is. And I will kinda confess to just really loving her puppy belly pic! Lol I will see if I can get a good, straight on face pic. If she quits squirming. :)

Last edited:
Willa's features do scream 'my daddy is the pit' I totally agree on that...
Two and three look a bit more chocolate laby...but deffinately not pure. I'm not sure what else is in there, but they're def not all lab.

Goodness this is one uncooperative baby! Lol I don't know if these will help but it's the best she would allow! Lol she has a very strange nose but I am wondering if that's just because she's a tiny baby? Like how baby humans have a nose built for nursing when they are born. I am not used to being around puppies this young.

Willa's features do scream 'my daddy is the pit' I totally agree on that...
Two and three look a bit more chocolate laby...but deffinately not pure. I'm not sure what else is in there, but they're def not all lab.

I have always leaned more toward the pit being the father than some lab/lab mix. I have never seen that dog but the way they described him he looks all chocolate lab but with white markings which is why tbey think he's the one. However, I, personalky, saw the pit bull at their house many times. I am glad other people are seeing the pit look tbere and it's not just me. :) Honestly, it really doesn't matter. I love her dearly. But you know how you just kinda want to know. She is a super smart little thing! She already goes running across the house to use her pee pee pad when she needs to go! :)

Looks like a Pitt to me. If you have cash to burn, the vet can run a DNA test to determine the breed(s). She adorable!

Looks like a Pitt to me. If you have cash to burn, the vet can run a DNA test to determine the breed(s). She adorable!

Thanks. I am definitely in love! :love I have actually considered that option. I may eventually do that with her and my older puppy (spitz/corgi/aussie/who knows) just out of sheer curiosity. But for now at least, I am thinking the big red pit is the guilty party! :)

Yep, seeing the different views I gotta agree. Daddy is a Pit. They have a perfect blend of the mom and dad though. Soft lab mouths and coloring. Real cuties and I LOVE the blue eyes!

Yep, seeing the different views I gotta agree. Daddy is a Pit. They have a perfect blend of the mom and dad though. Soft lab mouths and coloring. Real cuties and I LOVE the blue eyes!

Thanks. :) I am really eager to see how she looks as she matures. I know the mother well and she's a gorgeous lab, just from seeing him I think the father looks like a quality pit bull, so I think she will be a very pretty girl. I don't remember even noticing his eye color though so I kinda expect her eyes will turn brown. It would be so cool if they stayed blue though! :)

She sure loves her 'big sister'. :) Sorry, I couldn't leave my other pretty girl (her name is Meadow) out! :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom