Can anyone hrlp mevwith my rooster, is it Silver Columbisn brown? Is it a Silver silkie?

AnniePR

Chirping
Nov 11, 2021
I need to know if he is Silver columbian.
And if I can cast him with silkie partridge.
Im new please help me.
I was told he had long legs jiji that he must be a mixed silkie
thank you

Attachments

• 20211228_151710.jpg
    20211228_151710.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20211229_000508.jpg
    20211229_000508.jpg
    556.4 KB · Views: 8
Looks mixed breed, maybe Silkie x Brahma, he's a silver columbian.
Being a mixed breed, you can breed him with a silver partridge hen, but you won't be sure what color will be the offspring. Even being pure, if you mix some colors you can get some surprises because certain colors mask some genes which will maybe show up in the next generation (for example a black chicken can carry the lavender, the mottled or the chocolate gene, even if it's completely black)

Last edited:
Looks mixed breed, maybe Silkie x Brahma, he's a silver columbian.
Being a mixed breed, you can breed him with a silver partridge hen, but you won't be sure what color will be the offspring. Even being pure, if you mix some colors you can get some surprises because certain colors mask some genes which will maybe show up in the next generation (for example a black chicken can carry the lavender, the mottled or the chocolate gene, even if it's completely black)
I think im going to use this silkie if I dont find a silver partridge

Attachments

• 20220101_164308.jpg
    20220101_164308.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 7
I need to know if he is Silver columbian.
And if I can cast him with silkie partridge.
Im new please help me.
I was told he had long legs jiji that he must be a mixed silkie
thank you
Awww looks like one I just got but I needa focus on my babies lol. He’s got his lady to keep him company. My stupid cat attacked my little chicks

Back
Top Bottom